PagerDuty (501+ Employees, 45% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
We are interviewing and onboarding 100% virtually at this time. PagerDuty is focused on inclusion and employee well-being by building a culture that isn’t location specific and gives equal opportunity to everyone—regardless of where you are working. Unless your job requirements make it necessary to be in a company office, you may choose to work in-office, remotely, or hybrid.
We are looking for an enterprise software sales professional who will identify and bring to closure PagerDuty product and service opportunities. You are expected to generate net new business and ensure some of our largest and most strategic accounts in North America are successful. In the Spirit of PagerDuty’s “Champion the Customer” value, you are responsible for providing the best possible sales experience for our customers by identifying pain in a customers environment, translating that pain into a business-oriented point of view and articulating the impact of removing that pain. This individual will be accountable for the overall health and sales performance of the territory of defined accounts. You will bring with you meaningful software industry experience in any of the following: multi-product modern SaaS platforms, enterprise or infrastructure management, application development and management, security, and/or analytics.
You will be interacting, influencing, and developing relationships with individual contributors, mid-level management and the C-suite, to drive their digital transformation strategy with market-leading enterprise customers. Specific activities will include:
- Lead a cross-functional account team in the development and execution of detailed account plans/strategies to grow existing relationships AND secure new logo customers (e.g. Marketing, Solution Consulting, Customer Success, Business Value, ISRs, BDRs and partner teams)
- Maintain hyper focus on identifying pain in a customer’s environment and develop a business-orient point of view that compels them to act to solve for it
- Generate revenue by selling, managing, and developing existing client relationships
- Continuously “connect the dots” within your account base to create executive alignments and develop broad relationships and engagement across targeted teams and leadership
- Ability to drive an “AND” business, which mates our frictionless, transactional sales model with a strategic, large deal selling motion, where each is applicable
- Prioritize opportunities and coordinate your internal team to provide the best customer experience and ensure 100% satisfaction
- Meet and exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual quota
- Use our sales methodology and processes optimally for all lead management and sales forecasting
- Foster and accelerate strong eco-system partner relationships to expand market coverage, awareness and penetration within your territory
- Dedication to conducting pipeline generation and account research
- Dedication to driving focus and execution around post sale,
- Embrace our #takethelead and #runtogether values by continuously learning from feedback and experiences to be better and make your team better.
- 5+ years of experience in field sales
- Maniacal focus on enabling Customer Success
- Experience leading a consultative sales approach in a multi-product, complex software environment
- Creativity, intellectual curiosity, business acumen, technical competence, grit
- Ability to qualify, execute, and close business opportunities under minimum guidance
- Positive can-do attitude with demonstrated track record in building, managing, and delivering, high performing sales results.
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced knowledge around DevOps
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- Experience selling to Fortune 500 enterprise companies
- Strong technical acumen, knowledge of engineering culture, and the ability to relate to the customer
- BS/BA Degree or higher or proven relevant work experience preferred
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
We are dedicated to providing a culture where our people are happy, enabled and inspired to do their best. One of the ways we do this is by developing a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports employees and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave – up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid employee volunteer time – 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
- Dutonian Wellness Days – scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO and scheduled holidays
- HibernationDuty – a week each year when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a global leader in digital operations management, serving over 14,000 customers and 850,000 users worldwide, including 65% of the Fortune 100.
For the teams who build and run digital systems, PagerDuty is the best way to manage the urgent, mission-critical work that is essential to keeping digital services always on. We make it easy to handle any unplanned task, event, or opportunity, right away.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, 50% of our board of directors is comprised of women, 45% of our managers are from underrepresented groups, and we are a proud member of the Pledge 1% Movement, committed to donating 1% Equity, 1% Employee time, and 1% Product to accelerate change in our communities. We are Great Place to Work-certified™ and our product is top rated in its category on TrustRadius.
From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.