Bird (501+ Employees, 16% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Who is Bird
Bird is on a mission to bring environmentally friendly transportation to everyone. Our products, services, and people share one common goal: to make cities more livable by reducing gas-powered car usage, lowering carbon emissions, and improving the safety of all road users.
We are relentless in our pursuit of better—for our riders, for our partners, for our employees, and for future generations. Our award winning electric vehicles help millions of riders take carbon-free trips in more than 300 cities globally. And our teams push boundaries and challenge the status quo in pursuit of a brighter future.
You will be an instrumental contributor as we build the finance team in a global, hyper growth environment. You will be responsible for maintaining and updating the company's operating model for both internal and external purposes. You will also work collboratively with the Global Operations team to develop financial forecasts/budgets and set operational and financial targets in connection with corporate strategy. We are looking for someone who is comfortable performing at high standards while also supporting a business that is scaling globally at a rapid pace.
- Maintain and update the company's operating model on a monthly basis
- Provide financial reporting tools for Global Operations in conjunction with the data team
- Analyze operational initiatives that have a strategic and/or financial impact on the business
- Proactively partner with cross-functional stakeholders to identify trends in financials and KPIs
- Support Global Operations with budgeting and forecasting activities on a quarterly basis
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or in a related discipline
- 1-2 years of experience in corporate finance (years may be substituted with investment banking, private equity or accounting experience)
- Exceptional financial modeling, forecasting, and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to make quantitative and qualitative assessments of data
- Demonstrated ability to work within ambiguity, identify and solve complex problems
- Ability and excitement to partner with business leaders
- Ability to work independently, effectively handle multiple competing priorities and manage deadlines under pressure
- Entrepreneurial spirit and thrives in a fast paced, evolving environment
- SQL and data visualization experience a plus
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare package, childcare support, pre-tax spending accounts, mental health resources, a work from home stipend, a wellness stipend, and a whole host of other out of the box benefits that meet you where you are.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.