SoFi (501+ Employees, 52% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
Corporate Finance enables SoFi to develop and execute on its growth strategy by driving financial visibility and accountability, built on strong relationships and grounded in facts
This individual will be a central resource to the Strategic Finance team, responsible for leading our financial planning and reporting system, consolidating results via forecasts/plans and analysis of company-wide financial results (P&L, Balance Sheet, KPIs, HC metrics). The qualified candidate will have strong previous system knowledge as well as experience in consolidated company-wide financials (forecast/actuals), financial reporting, and analysis.
The ideal candidate must possess strong communication/presentation skills, financial acumen and be an expert in FP&A planning tools (e.g. direct experience w. IBM Planning Analytics/Anaplan/Planful with exposure to Netsuite/Oracle/Tableau/Workday) and demonstrate the ability to work effectively with key stakeholders. The candidate must be proficient in Excel/Powerpoint, financial reporting/planning systems, strong analytical skills and attention to details.
What you’ll do:
- As the financial planning system and reporting lead, you will serve as the main point of contact for our forecast tool (including direct ownership of system administration, understanding , point of view (expert everything from and will drive the direct management of our planning tool as well as interaction with our Strategic Finance team
- Consolidation: Support the consolidation of company-wide results, analysis, forecasts, and budgets, working across functions and stakeholders to clarify inputs and get questions answered
- Management Reporting Production: Support the creation and aggregation of materials for Executive and Board presentations
- Establish trusted relationships with cross-functional leaders to articulate and oversee the “single source of truth” of key financial and performance metrics
- Financial Management Systems: Act as a power user and support the broader finance team in maintaining and administering our financial planning system, process and workflow optimization and general support of financial systems
- Implement and maintain system metadata, execute system projects, create and maintain process and training documentation
- Facilitate quarterly internal and external materials to facilitate management discussion and analysis of key financial and business performance indicators
- Financial Analysis: Provide analysis and tools, as necessary, to support key decisions in the functions. Collect and analyze data to determine costs of business activities and processes.
- Process Design & Improvement: Support the design of new processes to improve the quality and productivity of the finance team and the business in general
- Tracking monthly financial performance against our forecasts, interacting with business partners to identify reasons for outperformance/underperformance, and drive positive strategic change across the organization
- Preparing quarterly board presentations, drafting the management discussion and analysis and highlighting key financial and business performance indicators for our management team and shareholders
What you’ll need:
- 5-10+ years of financial planning experience, ideally Corporate or Strategic Finance, Investment Banking, Consulting with at least 2 years managing Financial Systems (e.g. IBM Planning Analytics / TM1, Anaplan, Host Analytics / Planful)
- Education – Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, or other related fields
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Google Docs/Sheets/Slides, comfortable with analyzing large amounts of data
- A deep understanding of financial reporting and P&L Management
- Experience preparing and presenting information to key decision-makers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative working style and demonstrated ability to build strong cross-functional relationships
- Inquisitive nature, attention to detail, diligence and a good attitude
- Willingness to embrace unstructured environments and problems
- Time and project management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting or a related field
- Understanding of data management principles
- Strong communication, presentation, and relationship-building skills
- Analytical thinker with the ability to summarize financial data into clear and concise recommendations for strategic decision support
- Results-oriented and able to roll-up sleeves to accomplish tasks
- Able to work in a fast paced, high-growth environment
Nice to have:
- Extensive financial planning system administrator experience (>3-5 years)
- Financial planning system Implementation experience (IBM Analytics, Anaplan, Planful)
- Exposure to Planning system Integration with other planning tools (NetSuite, Workday, Snowflake, Tableau)
- Technical IT background (basic to advance planning tool language to coding)
Why you’ll love working here:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
*These benefits are only applicable to full time employees
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is our top priority. Due to the ongoing nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, effective on November 1, 2021, U.S. employees must be fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) to work from any of our offices, travel for business or attend work-related meetings.