Cash App (501+ Employees, 258% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our millions of monthly active users. With a mission to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it more relatable, instantly available and universally accessible, at Cash App you’ll have the opportunity to make a real-world impact with your career.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
The Cash App team is focused on building financial service products for individuals; making it easier to send and receive money, powering purchases using Cash Card or Cash App Pay, offering discounts through Boost, and buying/selling Bitcoin and stocks. Cash App has experienced tremendous user growth, and with growth comes opportunities and challenges. The Cash App Operations Team works with external partners and across multiple internal teams to manage scalable platforms and processes for a fast-growing mobile payment app.
We are looking for a relationship-centric individual to oversee the day-to-day relationship with key partners supporting Cash App’s banking products. This individual will be responsible for driving operational excellence with those partners; leading projects to improve efficiency, lower costs, or enhance customer experience; investigating and resolving operational issues; participating in cross functional initiatives for Cash App; and supporting product development through partner alignment.
- Optimize strategic partnerships for Cash App through detailed and proactive partner management, working with product, finance, compliance and engineering to define, iterate, stabilize and enable new initiatives and features
- Manage partners through recurring reviews to ensure continuous improvement
- Drive partner and customer escalations to resolution, follow-up and handle internal escalations from numerous cross functional partners including customer service, risk, compliance and engineering
- Collaborate with partners – both internal and external – to improve platform resilience, to resolve partner incidents, document processes, drive accountability and performance in line with contracts
- Collaborate across multiple internal partners including engineering, product, design, finance, legal, compliance and risk
- Analyze multiple sources of data to inform business decision making and optimize operations
- Partner with engineering to integrate new payment networks and endpoints
- 5+ years of operations and partner management experience, preferably in a fast moving technology or financial services company
- Extensive understanding of the payments industry and its current evolution from traditional banking products to customer centric apps and products
- Experience with developing and evolving processes to ensure scalability with a high volume product
- Strong relationship building skills with leaders and technical teams & the ability to develop consensus and drive stakeholders to a decision
- Deep analytical skills that can drive the development of reporting, tools and other business processes to smooth operations and enable analysis of nascent industry movements
- Experience influencing outcomes with internal & external stakeholders
- Strong ability to build & leverage cross functional relationships
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, sense of urgency, accountability
- Project management experience a plus
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.