Kraken / Kraken Digital Asset Exchange / Kraken.com (201-500 Employees, 41% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto.
Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide – our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption.
But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions.
Kraken is backed by investors including, Money Partners Group, Hummingbird Ventures, Blockchain Capital, and Digital Currency Group, among others.
“We are empowering people to live simply, efficiently and more connected to others. We put our clients’ best interests first and foremost. They are at the heart of our company and drive everything we do. We believe in having a laser focus when pursuing our strategic goals and participate only in markets where we can make a significant contribution. We believe in complete transparency, deep collaboration and we never forget that people come first. Having this mindset allows us to grow and advance at a rate which others cannot.” Jesse Powell, CEO of Kraken
Did you know that Kraken is now over 2,500+ fully-remote people from around the world? And we’re hiring hundreds more in 2022 #werehiring #cryptocareers
About KrakenAs one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide – our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explainedto find out more about us!About the Role: The Procurement department within Finance is looking for a Strategic Sourcing Analyst who will work closely with business partners within the Finance function as well as with business partners across the company to drive long-term value of vendor relationships. You will work closely with cross-functional teams such as legal, finance, and various risk teams to identify savings opportunities and drive compliance for procurement policies. This is an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry and contribute to the building of the new global financial system.This role is 100% remote.
What you’ll do
- Learn, refine, and develop strategic sourcing skills, practices, and knowledge.
- Proactively collaborate with business partners and stakeholders in contract negotiations with suppliers; develop negotiation approaches, fallback positions and acceptable terms and conditions through contract completion and identify key benchmarks to measure contractual arrangements
- Ability to project manage the contract review process with internal stakeholders and coordinate with legal subject matter experts as needed
- Support supplier rationalization plans to optimize existing vendors to deliver cost reduction, supply assurance, quality improvement, innovation and increased vendor utility
- Understand business requirements; formulate guidelines and design standard vendor contract protocols
- Establish vendor life-cycle strategy to oversee planning, sourcing and selection of new vendors, manage data for vendor performance and manage vendor off-boarding and transition
- Identifying risks associated with key vendors and manage and help monitor supplier performance against negotiated SLA and MSA terms
- Perform spend and financial analytics to support commercial term negotiations with performance dashboards
- Supporting other ad hoc projects as needed
- Deliver relevant procurement training content to business stakeholders to ensure a standard approach for delivery of procurement best practices, policy, and tools
- Proactively work to resolve performance issues with assigned suppliers to ensure effective and timely resolution
Who you are
- 2+ years of strategic sourcing, procurement or vendor management experience; in a high growth technology environment preferred
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university preferably in Procurement, Business Administration or related field.
- Must be comfortable in a ‘roll-up your sleeves’ environment
- Strong relationship building, communication and project management to demonstrate project status, key actions, risks and opportunities
- Developing negotiating skills, along with a strong presence and ability to influence others, including senior leadership
- Able to work independently, as well as work in a team-orientated and fast paced environment
- Nimble with ability to take decisive action to address business needs that meet corporate business objectives
- Experience in fintech, banking industry or financial markets is preferred
- Experience with cryptocurrencies and knowledge of blockchain technology is preferred
Location Tagging: #US #LIRemoteWe’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don’t fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you’re passionate or knowledgable about crypto!As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws. Stay in the knowKraken Culture ExplainedFollow us on TwitterCatch up on our blogFollow us on LinkedIn