Yoko Consulting / Yoko Co. (11-50 Employees, N/A 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Yoko Co is an interactive marketing firm, which helps entities develop and execute campaigns that adapt in an ever evolving media landscape.
Hello, Human Understander.
At Yoko Co, we believe that life is short, and if we’re gonna spend a significant chunk of that time working, it should be for a good purpose.
The work you do here won’t just go to make some rich dude or dudette richer — you’ll help get pets adopted, connect people with life-changing medical care, protect our planet, and build brilliant communities. (And a whole lot more.)
The members of our team are passionate about the work they do, the clients they serve, and, importantly, their craft. From designers to strategists, project managers to developers, we aim to make each other better everyday.
If you work here, you’ll:
- Do research, conduct interviews, and create strategies to help our clients increase their impact and achieve their missions.
- Be more than just a “person with a plan.” You’ll also help execute, get your hands dirty, and do what needs to be done.
- Be involved at critical points throughout the full process, from wireframes to design concepts, from the first kickoff meeting, to the final QA.
- Collaborate closely with designers, developers, and project managers, to ensure everyone is on the same page and working towards a common goal.
- Guide organizations along a path of digital transformation, helping them refine their web presence, and increase their impact.
You’ll do well in this job if you:
- Have created UX deliverables like Personas, User Flows, Information Architectures, and Sitemaps at a high level of execution and complexity.
- Can “lead the room,” communicating comfortably, clearly, and empathetically with executives, marketers, and stakeholders.
Have direct experience leading a team and a client through the strategic aspects of website redesign and marketing projects. (Ideally, you should have 25+ projects under your belt.)
- Understand the principles of UI/UX design and marketing that get results, including the buyer’s journey, conversion orientation, calls to action, marketing automation, and more.
- Have a firm grasp of content marketing, search engine optimization, web design, and the platforms that make it happen (WordPress, Hubspot, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Are flexible, and understand that sometimes you’ll have to wear an unexpected hat or two when the situation calls for it.
- Hold yourself accountable, and deliver on your commitments.
- Love sharing your knowledge and helping to level up your colleagues and clients.
However, maybe don’t apply if:
- You prefer to work on a single big project at a time. We all have to do a bit of juggling around here, and while we wish we could pour ourselves into just one thing for weeks at a time to make it perfect, that’s often not the reality.
- You’ve ever said “that’s not my job” or “that’s below my pay grade.” While we try to utilize everyone in the best way we possibly can, sometimes things can get dicey and we have to pitch in to help reach the finish line.
The interview process:
You’ll do 3-4 interviews with various members of our team, starting with a short culture interview, and then moving onto more specialized conversations. Somewhere in the middle of the process, you’ll likely do a short practical test to ensure you can deliver at the level it takes to be successful here.
If you work here:
You’ll get a competitive salary, unlimited time off, a flexible schedule, the ability to work wherever you want, a personal development budget, federal holidays and multiple weeks off at the end of the year to recharge. If you’re in the US, we also offer health insurance, disability and life insurance, and 401k matching.
A little more about us:
We’ve been in business for over a decade, our whole team is remote, we were named a 2020 and 2021 Best Place to Work by the Inc. 5000 and the Washington Business Journal, and you can poke around our website to learn more.