Plaid (501+ Employees, 122% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Plaid provides companies with the tools and access needed for the development of a digitally-enabled financial system.
We believe that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and experiences that thousands of developers use to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo and SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 11,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam.
With such great growth and reach comes great responsibility – to consumers, customers, and the financial space we’re helping to transform. We care deeply about making sure our policies and processes are transparent, digestible, and in the best interest of consumers, and we take security very seriously. We understand that when it comes to people’s data and finances, trust in Plaid is integral to the success of our app customers and to the end users they serve. To this end, we’re merging work across our support teams — related to transparency, security and control — under a single team: Trust and Safety.
As the manager of Plaid’s Trust and Safety team, you’ll build the team that ensures Plaid delivers on its mission by providing users control of and access to their own financial data. You’ll work directly with end users via email to help them exercise their data protection rights, navigate the Plaid Portal, investigate complex and sensitive issues like fraud, tackle complaints and other compliance related issues. Your goal will be to inform and empower users to make the decisions that are best for their financial lives.
Leading a small team to execute on these 1:1 support experiences, you’ll take what you learn and inform larger support and product strategy. You’ll work closely with Support leadership, Risk, and Legal teams to operationalize and scale our processes to match Plaid’s growth and ensure we have the systems in place to be successful now and in the future. You’ll partner with our Consumer Privacy product team to deliver best in class, privacy minded experiences and support strategies, for when users need additional assistance. Finally, you’ll coordinate with teams like Communications and Marketing to help inform and execute a broader strategy regarding public-facing support and Plaid’s consumer facing presence online.
You’re likely to succeed in this role if you love helping people, have experience building wildly successful teams, can navigate and balance the competing needs of various stakeholders, and have a knack for charting a path forward when there’s not always a clear playbook.
What Excites You:
- Building high performing teams from the ground up.
- Defining a vision for excellence and creating the systems and processes to ensure consistent execution.
- Working directly with customers and end users. Serving as their advocate across an organization, and designing support models and experiences that anticipate product changes and are responsive to evolving end user needs.
- Solving problems and root cause analysis — figuring out the true source of an issue and working cross-functionally to address and resolve.
- Collaborating with cross-functional partners to help improve efficiency and up-level internal teams’ understanding of trust and safety issues, as the representative of our end users.
- Creating meaningful product-support feedback loops to represent the needs of users.
- Leading creative and inclusive hiring processes that encourage and support diverse candidates and create opportunities for entry and transition into technology.
- A growing, fast-paced company with an ever-increasing influence in the financial space.
What Excites Us:
- Experience and demonstrated success delivering and leading B2C support teams.
- Experience in an external-facing support role that may have overlapped with operations, compliance, risk, trust and safety, or a similar space.
- Deep empathy and service orientation, caring authentically about the consumers who rely on Plaid and the challenges they face.
- Technical competency. Familiarity with fintechs or API products, and/or the aptitude and interest to learn new technical concepts quickly.
- Masterful communication skills to tackle difficult conversations and de-escalate challenging situations seemingly effortlessly.
- A run-through-walls attitude — you do not accept the status quo, and you continually work to identify and solve problems from both technical and personal perspectives.
- Experience prioritizing ambiguous problem areas, driving alignment, and building consensus across multiple stakeholders.
- Significant exposure to Zendesk (or similar) and experience optimizing knowledge management systems.
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected].