Meta (formerly Facebook) (501+ Employees, 34% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Meta is hiring a leader to join our Sustainability initiative and lead our emissions reduction strategy for Infrastructure hardware. We recognize the urgency of climate change and are committed to help tackle this global challenge. We are taking action by minimizing our emissions and working to fight climate change. Meta’s Sustainability team drives strategy, programs and engagement across the company and with our partners. In this role, you will be responsible for working across Infrastructure hardware to develop and deploy emissions reduction plans in support of our 2030 Net Zero Goals. This work requires deep internal partnership, notable domain knowledge of materials and underlying sciences, and integration of sustainability goals and metrics into core business functions for Infrastructure hardware supply chain. The ideal candidate has experience building, running, and integrating large-scale company-wide sustainability initiatives.
Sustainability Director, Net Zero Supply Chain Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of climate experts to develop and implement the net zero program.
- Build an internal culture centered around carbon mitigation being an essential part of business through education, inspiration and enablement.
- Analyze, develop strategies, and identify opportunities to integrate the net zero program into supply chain business partners’ plans, roadmaps, and goals. This specifically includes evaluation of business partners’ plans to drive net zero decarbonization plans across key areas of Meta’s value chain.
- Partner closely with climate subject-matter experts and the broader Sustainability community to prioritize problems and solutions and develop strategies to create ownership, accountability, and follow-through.
- Build an external coalition of technology collaborators to optimize efforts and drive efficient engagement with hardware technology partners.
- Engage in highly technical discussions with internal teams in partnering with them to develop their decarbonization plans.
- Develop and implement supply chain centric programs by developing clear roadmaps, project requirements, milestone schedules, and documentation to support decision-making and facilitate implementation of sustainability programs.
- Facilitate annual and quarterly planning, goal setting, roadmapping, and communication across the Sustainability Team, accountable cross functional, and stakeholders to share progress, gaps and needs, risks and mitigation strategies.
- Build strong relationships with our cross functional and work together to create a shared vision, ownership, and follow-through by activating the necessary change management, navigating difficult trade-offs, developing innovative solutions, landing quick wins, and influencing vital changes in and across each organization’s processes and behaviors.
- 15+ years of relevant experience in business integration efforts, especially including delivering complex projects aligned with large scale corporate goals through influence and collaboration
- Significant experience implementing supplier engagement programs to educate suppliers and to help suppliers set targets and goals
- Specific experience developing a strategy and leading execution of a program where you drive engagement with a scope of internal stakeholders – with the direct intention of influencing and shaping that partner’s goals and roadmaps
- Experience evaluating, defining and improving end-to-end processes and in managing multiple projects and coordinating with internal staff and external consultants, vendors and other stakeholders
- Communication experience across technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Analytical, problem-solving, negotiation and organizational experience
- A self-starter, with a proven experience to diplomatically resolve issues through understanding conflicting inputs, achieving alignment, and proposing solutions
- Communications skills, including experience communicating effectively with senior leadership
- Experience especially in areas related to climate and emissions reductions will be very helpful in advancing internal progress
- Experience developing emissions reduction strategies related to low-carbon fuels and technologies, circularity
- Experience setting and implementing corporate emissions reductions goals aligned best industry standards such as with the Science-Based Target Initiative (SBTi)
- Strong existing network with external sustainability stakeholders
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]