Salesforce (501+ Employees, 32% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Alliances & Channels
SVP & GM, Communications & Media
We are seeking a senior executive with the ambition, experience, and passion to lead the Communications & Media industry products team. As the SVP and General Manager, Communications & Media, you will be the leader internally and externally of the industry business and accountable to drive this fast-growing business globally. The charter is to drive the growth of Salesforce’s Communications & Media Cloud businesses and Salesforce’s growth in the communications & media industries overall. You will own Communications & Media Cloud product portfolio and be the key executive responsible for formulating and executing a growth-oriented product and business strategy for the industry.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders, customers and partners to define and execute the industry vision and strategy
- Define product strategy for Communications & Media industry clouds that maximizes customer business value and differentiates Salesforce from competitive offerings
- Own product delivery including the product roadmap and pricing & packaging strategy
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to define and execute go-to-market (GTM) plans for Communications & Media clouds and solutions globally
- Partner with other cross-functional leaders in Engineering, Marketing, Distribution, & Customer Success to ensure monthly and quarterly business execution excellence.
- Partner with Operating Unit (OU) leadership to address GTM needs of each region
- Collaborate with Industry Marketing, Sales Programs, & Distribution to prioritize solutions that address key customer imperatives
- Define partner strategy for industry and industry products; Identify, foster, and manage executive relationships with top SI and ISV partners
- Work closely with field teams to ensure continued customer success, ACV, revenue, and market share growth.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Passion for Salesforce, our values, and especially the role Salesforce Industry Cloud applications play in our success.
- Excellent command of the Communications & Media markets, and a solid understanding of the changes these markets are experiencing
- Deep understanding of the business processes in the Communications & Media industries
- A strong sense of vision and ability to influence product and engineering teams to deliver innovation that leads to customer success and market leadership
- Demonstrated ability to inspire, align, and enable a large, geographically-dispersed team across all corporate functions in order to drive a successful business
- Understand and believe in the unique characteristics of our approach to developer agility and low code / no-code application development
- A successful track record of working effectively in a highly matrixed and fast-growing organization
- A broad range of experience across sales, marketing, product evangelism, and alliances.
- Ability to build and grow an outstanding leadership team and organization.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE/SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 15+ years experience leading a business or product line in platform or cloud services.
- 10+ years experience within a software or technology company, preferably managing the product of the entire business or large business unit.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in an enterprise technology organization.
- Strong marketing or sales experience, specifically in the successful launch of new products.
- Exceptional communicator, comfortable presenting to both business and technology executives.
- Exceptional leadership capabilities. Proven ability to grow, develop, and retain top talent.
- Very strong interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively with diverse team members and external parties.
- Track record of driving results within a matrixed business environment.
- Strong general management and strategic planning skills combined with expertise in establishing and leading business planning, operational, financial, and human resource systems and processes.
For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual salary of $110,000. You may also be offered a bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.getsalesforcebenefits.com/
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.