At Artificial, we are building a first-of-its-kind automation software platform to empower labs to go take their scientific ideas to reliable results faster and more efficiently. With our platform, labs can focus on their next idea, whether that’s developing gene therapies or scaling COVID-19 diagnostic testing, not their automation.
Artificial’s team is comprised of experts in life sciences, robotics, automation, and data, who have built digital tools and platforms for Space X ground control, CERN hadron collider, LEGO Mindstorms, and more. As we support and deploy our platform to customers, we’re looking for motivated people who are passionate about solving real-world problems and ready to make an impact.
We are looking for our new system architect to define and drive our technical vision, ensure the adoption and utilization of best practices for at-scale cloud-based orchestration and data storage combined with robotic automation and human augmentation all in the pursuit of optimal lab automation.
In this role, you will be selecting new technologies and frameworks, but working with existing systems based on VUE, Node, Python, Go, gRPC/protobufs, streams (REDIS, nats,) docker, and a myriad of other frameworks.
This role can be based remotely.
- Define and set technical vision and architectural first principles for our product and platform
- Collaborate closely with our excellent product and user experience design teams to negotiate the right architectures and maximize technology leverage
- Collaborate with our engineering leadership to ensure alignment of product delivery roadmap with architecture and technology roadmaps
- Deliver high-quality architectures and innovative technical solutions spanning domains of AR, spatial computing, human guidance, and robotic automation all in a cloud-service context
- Collaborate daily with a team of high-functioning engineers to deliver an aligned, innovative, scalable and reliable front-to-back system architecture
- Experience designing and building at scale web and cloud-based systems
- Experience defining and communicating technical vision and architecture to a team of engineers and getting their aligned buy-in
- A track record of innovative solutions and quality designs
- A track record of successful product delivery
- Experience in automation; lab automation in particular
- Still enjoy and are able to sling some code
- A passion for API design and APIs-first systems