Medidata (501+ Employees, 21% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Who we are
We’re a global marketing service provider and we specialize in affiliate marketing & publishing. We are digital natives, data obsessed and focused on measurable outcomes. Some of the most talented individuals you’ll ever meet, all with one thing in common: doing great work, and growing as a team.
Our value lies in Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging. We strongly believe in equality and stand against all kinds of discrimination. We dare to be unapologetically ourselves. Come join a team of explorers who are motivated by growth, and driven by results.
What you’ll do
The Systems Infrastructure Team Lead reports to the Operations Manager and is is responsible for the servers and networks that run our publishing platforms: including the design, implementation, troubleshooting, monitoring, security and regular maintenance required to meet the high availability SLAs our clients expect. To reach this goal, you will work closely with stakeholders and lead a team of Systems Engineers, Contractors and the projects needed to ensure our Publishing Organization’s globally deployed publishing platform is stable, scalable and efficient.
The Team Lead will be responsible for the success of your team members in both their day to day tasks and their career growth. You are an individual who has a technical mind and has a passion for delivering solutions in the ever-changing world of technology. You will ensure the Infrastructure team continues to meet their pre-existing support obligations with teams such as Development, DevOps and Information Services while also planning for new growth in any vertical the business requires.
You, with the support of your senior colleagues, will build consensus, drive technical decisions and collaborate with the larger company for their Systems needs to develop new insights that could further enhance our hosting environment.
- Lead the Systems Infrastructure Team through definition and execution of a tailored platform support strategy to achieve our goal of 99.9% uptime for our clients;
- Define and enforce monitoring and alarming policies to minimize system downtime or incorrect Search Engine indexing signaling;
- Lead the support of the day to day management of domain registrations for our clients;
- Ensure we have detailed, up-to-date documentation of internal system assets;
- Coordinate the patching of systems to meet our standards for security and risk mitigation;
- Collaborate closely with the Information Security team and other senior stakeholders on the implementation of our security protocols through access controls, backups and firewalls;
- Be an advocate for the IT Operations Teams within the Publishing Group and represent them in a positive manner;
- Co-ordinate with cross-functional experts throughout the company to validate and develop new insights;
- Identify training opportunity for your team members;
- Participate in On-call rotation for publishing platform.
What you’ll bring
- Calm and consistent leadership of technical professionals in a fast-paced work environment;
- Strong communication skills in both technical and non-technical topics and an ability to interact with all levels of end users and technical resources;
- University degree or diploma in related field and 5-7 years of relevant IT experience;
- Advanced Linux systems administration experience;
- Intermediate understanding of networking;
- Understanding of key security principles;
- Experience managing domain registrations and renewals;
- Intermediate understanding of at least 1 scripting language. (bash, python, perl, etc.);
- Understanding of industry standard system administration best practices;
- Comfortable with a wide variety of system technologies and quick to learn new ones;
- Virtualization, specifically AWS cloud computing and clustering;
- Monitoring tools in a production web environment (Zabbix, StatusCake, etc.);
- Expert analytical and data-driven decision-making skills with an emphasis on attention to detail;
- Keen to lead projects from start to finish with no supervision;
- Creative thinking and motivated self-starter with an ability to quickly grasp complex concepts and technologies;
- Strong ability to work within aggressive and dynamic timelines;
- Excellent team player and positive contributor to the culture of the business.
What’s in it for you
- Relocation & soft landing for you and your family (applicable in Spain, if you are moving from a different city/country)
- Attractive salary
- Competitive private health & life insurance package
- Flexible working hours and remote-friendly tools and methodologies to stay connected
- Workplace perks such as coffee, fresh fruit, bread, sweets and drinks provided daily
- In addition to regular leave yearly, six weeks’ paid leave for every four years of service
- Be part of a multicultural environment
- Wellbeing programme
- Different employee events throughout the year and team building activities
- Career Development training and programs to help you grow!