Manages indirect tax return preparation and review, tax accounting analysis and reporting, estimated tax payments, and various tax analysis as requested. Evaluates tax implications of company activities and develops strategies to minimize tax obligations. Advises senior management on future changes to tax regulations and its possible impact to the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required.
- 4 to 6 years’ tax accounting and compliance experience required.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation required.
- Knowledge of financial accounting principles required.
- Knowledge of US, international, and state taxation of corporations and LLCs a plus.
- Drives best practices for indirect tax policies, processes, and technology.
- Manages US sales & use tax initiatives, tax filings, and audits.
- Manages international goods and services tax and VAT initiatives, compliance processes, filings, and audits.
- Manages real and personal property tax outsourced compliance processes and audits.
- Optimizes and maintains the Company’s tax technology systems partnering with the Company’s Information Technology, Direct-to-Student, and Finance teams.
- Liaise with external income tax preparers on income tax return preparation including federal, state and international reporting.
- Prepares and analyzes current and deferred federal, state, and foreign tax provisions, and liability accounts for reporting in consolidated financial statements as required.
- Ensures deadlines are met for tax returns, tax payments, financial reporting, and other remittances.
- Performs tax research by identifying areas of concern, locating appropriate guidance in the area, communicating results in a clear and concise manner and documenting appropriately.
- Assists in compliance with IRS and state audits by documenting requests, identifying issues, and preparing protests.
- Coordinates and communicates with accounting and tax teams to gain efficiencies.
- A highly competitive compensation package with generous benefits beginning first day of employment for Medical/Prescription Drug plans, HSA, Vision, Dental and Health Care FSA.
- 15 vacation days & 12 sick days accrued annually and 3 personal days
- 401K match, Life and AD&D, Employee Assistant programs, Group Legal, & more
- Wellness program with access to local fitness centers for one low price
- An opportunity to be part of a collaborative, open work space, where your contributions truly make a difference.
- Located in the heart of downtown Raleigh with great grub options and an YMCA in the building to work it off (employer paid subsidy offered for YMCA).
- Employer paid parking/commuter subsidy coupled with pre-tax commuter benefits for associates.
- Casual Dress Code
- Flexible Work Schedules (by team)
- Free Snacks/Drinks/Coffee
- Encouraged continued education with our tuition reimbursement program
VitalSource Technologies LLC, part of Ingram Content Group LLC, is improving the learning experience by making it easier to create and deliver effective and affordable content. The preferred choice among educational institutions and companies for digital learning materials, VitalSource® helps over 1,000 educational content providers create and deliver seamless interactive learning experiences through its exclusive Bookshelf® platform to millions of learners at 7,000 institutions. Bookshelf users opened more than 20 million digital textbooks last year and read more than 3.4 billion pages. For more information about VitalSource, visit https://get.vitalsource.com/
The world is reading and Ingram Content Group (“Ingram”) connects people with content in all forms. Providing comprehensive services for publishers, retailers, libraries and educators, Ingram makes these services seamless and accessible through technology, innovation and creativity. With an expansive global network of offices and facilities, Ingram’s services include digital and physical book distribution, print-on-demand, and digital learning. Ingram Content Group is a part of Ingram Industries Inc. and includes Ingram Book Group LLC, Ingram Publisher Services LLC, Lightning Source LLC, VitalSource Technologies LLC, Ingram Library Services LLC, and Tennessee Book Company LLC.
Ingram Content Group LLC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.