Elastic (501+ Employees, 58% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
At Elastic, we see endless possibility in a world of endless data. And we use the power of search to help people and organizations turn that possibility into results. Elastic is the leading platform for search-powered solutions. With solutions in Enterprise Search, Observability, and Security, we help improve customer and employee search experiences, keep critical applications running smoothly, and protect against cyber threats. Elastic enables organizations worldwide to use the power of Elastic, including Netflix, Uber, BBC, Microsoft, and thousands of others.
Elastic was built on a foundation of being free and open, which trickles down to how we work. We’re a distributed organization and have been from the beginning. Being distributed isn’t just a way of doing business-it’s a mentality that is at the core of our culture.
We’re seeking a collaborative and results-oriented Tax Manager to join our Tax team of six and focus on U.S. taxes, both federal and state. You will play a critical part of evaluating and streamlining processes in an increasingly complex global organization.
The U.S. Tax Manager will lead critical project management, including communications and administrative efforts. Additionally, a key responsibility during this period of growth at Elastic is ensuring we operate most efficiently and effectively.
A successful candidate will have experience working with multiple team members of varying levels, while simultaneously learning, growing, and adapting!
What You Will Be Doing:
- Lead all aspects of U.S. GAAP tax provision, including working with Elasticians across various teams and external auditors.
- Ensure compliance with SOX controls and reporting as a public company.
- Supervise and manage external consultants to ensure timely and accurate preparation of U.S. federal and state R&D credit studies, tax returns, and transfer pricing compliance.
- Coordinate and run compliance audits and respond to notices and inquiries from tax authorities.
- Support various tax projects such as acquisitions, restructurings, tax planning, and legal entity assessment.
- Actively monitor and analyze global tax legislation and impact to Elastic.
- Research U.S. tax technical issues – corporate tax focused but also assist with other taxes.
- Mentor and train others both within and outside the Tax team to cultivate continued growth of tax knowledge and build collaborative relationships across the organization.
What You Bring Along:
- A real passion for fast-paced and dynamic environments, the ability to thrive in the details and adapt quickly to a changing environment.
- A dedication to think big, use data to drive strategy, challenge convention, and potentially reinvent how work is done.
- A proficiency in optimizing processes and programs with a keen understanding of the balance between structure and flexibility.
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy.
- CPA and/or MS in Tax strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of progressive, proven experience across both industry and large accounting firm working with global companies.
- Tax provision experience.
- Strategic, critical thinker who isn’t afraid to get into the weeds; real passion for problem solving.
- Ability to build effective work relationships at all levels of the organization, influence behavior, and lead change.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and leadership skills combined with interest and experience in process improvement, automation, and efficiency.
- Experience with NetSuite or Alteryx.
- A sense of humor and ability to roll with the punches definitely a plus!
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match donations 1:1 up to $1500 USD (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love.
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave