RES Consulting (1-10 Employees, N/A 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Our client, axa0tech-forward accounting startup focused on delivering accounting, tax, and planning services for business owners & high net worth individuals isxa0seeking a REMOTE Tax Manager/Senior Tax Accountant to join their team.
- You’re an independent thinker, tech savvy, and a problem solver
- Great communicator, comfortable on Zoom calls, and have the ability to deliver a ‘wow’ experience to clients
- Passionate about accounting & tax, with a desire to continue learning and perfecting your craft.
- Someone that enjoys training and team building. You’ll have people reporting up to you.
- Tax Preparation and Review –xa0You’ll manage a book of business including complex individual clients (high net worth, multi-state, rentals, equity, etc.) and business clients (Schedule C, S-Corp, C-Corp, LLCs)
- Tax Strategy & Planning –xa0Must be able to evaluate a client’s situation and propose strategies to minimize current and future tax liabilities
- Accounting –xa0You’ll work with junior staff to handle the month-end close, create journal entries, and ensure client financial statements are accurate.xa0 For many clients the firmxa0also oversees payroll (on Gusto) & sales tax filings.
- Client Onboardingxa0– Working with new clients to clean up books and records, file back tax returns, and get current on accounting and tax responsibilities. Includes establishing and documenting custom procedures for each client to meet client needs and firm standards.
- Staff Training and Mentoring –xa0Responsible for overseeing and training junior staff.xa0
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated, driven and proactive attitude
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in accounting.xa0
- CPA REQUIREDxa0
- 5+ years of experience preparing and reviewingxa0individual & business tax returns
- 5+ years of experience handling accounting for business clients
- Tax planning and projections
- Review client financial statements
- On boarding clients to get their books in order for tax preparation
- Oversee and train staff
- Experience withxa0Lacerte, QBO, and Gusto preferred
- Experience with NY/NYC clients preferred
Current Client Benefits Information:
- Competitive salary plus incentives and bonuses
- Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and disability insurance
- Retirement plan.xa0
Exciting opportunities for professional growth
- A better work/life balance including generous PTO, flexible schedules, and remote work options
- Primary care giver leave assistance
- CPA licensing reimbursement
- Team-based activities; and a professional, fun, friendly, supportive, and collaborative office environment
If you feel you have the necessary qualifications to perform this job, please forward a current copy of your resume and state your salary requirements.