The Block (51-200 Employees, 225% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Working at The Block is one of the most enjoyable, fulfilling, and challenging experiences you’ll have in your career.
The Block is the leading research, analysis and news brand in the digital asset space. Founded in 2018 and based in NYC, The Block’s team is spread across 7 times zones, covering the global cryptocurrency and blockchain space 24/7.
Through The Block’s website + newsletter, the Genesis research brand, our podcast “The Scoop,” hosted + 3rd party events and community participation, we interact daily with tens of thousands of crypto natives, financial market participants, Fortune 500 professionals, global service providers, government leaders and more.
The Block delivers deep insight into how this emerging sector interacts with traditional finance, technology, governments and markets. The Block’s foundation is simple: we are the first and final word in digital assets.
Founded in 2018 and based in NYC, The Block is the leading research, analysis, and news brand in the digital asset space. The Block’s team is spread across 7 timezones, covering the global cryptocurrency space 24/7.The Block delivers deep insight into how the emerging digital assets sector interacts with traditional finance, technology, governments, and markets. We reach millions of Fortune 500 professionals, financial market participants, technologists, global service providers, policymakers, and more through our main website, dedicated Research Portal, podcast, and events.We are looking for a Team Leader and Editor of Real Time News for the Americas that will lead a team of journalists with a mission to break second-by-second digital asset news and important crypto-relevant developments in the areas of finance, markets, technology and policy. The Americas Team Leader & Editor will oversee all news production and journalist content produced by the Real Time News desk during the Americas day.
- Collaborate with editorial leaders to plan and manage daily operations of the Americas Real Time news desk
- Make fast and decisive judgment calls when digital asset news breaks
- Source news and gather intelligence from traditional media, social media and digital sources like blockchains
- Hire, coach and supervise journalists and editors
- Collaborate with editorial leadership to determine topics, content, staffing and approach
- Coordinate editorial publications and meetings
- Manage schedules and enforce deadlines
- Oversee proofreading procedures and edit copy when necessary
- Assist in evaluating finalized copy for compliance with policies, style and tone
- Manage goal setting and development of team members
- Attend industry events on behalf of the company
- Suggest ideas, assign articles, and manage delivery of content during U.S. hours
- Work with research to evolve coverage strategy with a professional audience
- Work with product to evolve our subscription products
- Proven experience as an editor or other relevant role
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Deep knowledge of digital assets, markets, financial services, and technology
- Exceptional ability in copywriting and editing
- Working knowledge of online CMS platforms like WordPress and SEO concepts
- Abilities in planning and coordinating people and operations
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and people abilities
- Reliability and efficiency with strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in English
Who We Are: The culture of The Block lies in our key behaviors. It’s who we are and it’s how we show up every day.We are confidently humble. We jump in and roll up our sleeves. We know there’s always more to learn and we operate without egos.We are actionably curious. We strive to be an expert in our field and always seek opportunities to expand our knowledge and skill set. We put our learnings into practice every day.We practice tenacious ownership. Every day when we show up we are contributors, teammates, and owners. We rotate through those three hats with agility and without sacrificing accountability or consistency.We practice respectful partnership. We treat others as we’d expect to be treated – with respect, concern, understanding, and patience.Why You Should Work Here:We take care of our employees and we have the benefits and perks to support it. Our full-time, US-based employees are eligible for Unlimited PTO, remote-first environment, high health plan employer contributions, monthly wellness stipend, generous parental leave policy, 401k match, fitness partnerships, fertility benefits, One Medical membership and citibike membership. We’re a remote-first company which allows us to hire the best person for the job regardless of location. Impactful work. Regardless of your role at The Block you’re making a meaningful contribution to our mission in accelerating the evolution of financial systems through independent reporting and technical research of all projects influencing the future of financial services.What Else Should You Know?The Block is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.During our application process we collect completely anonymous diversity information. Providing this information is voluntary but we want you to know what we do with it. We use the data to ensure that our recruiting practices are bringing diverse talent to the organization and we are reacting where we are coming up short. We strive to use the data to ensure we have the tools and resources for all employees both during the interview process and should those employees choose to join us at The Block.