Rakuten Americas (501+ Employees, 8% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
ShopStyle is in search of a Technical Account Manager, Catalog to join our Catalog Strategy & Operations team within the Business Operations department.
The Technical Account Manager, Catalog position will oversee technical efforts that touch the product data catalog across our retailer accounts in the US. This position will play a key role in continuously improving the quality of our product data catalog on ShopStyle.com and helping to improve our shopper and client experience. Responsibilities are focused on improving the catalog quality of existing retailer partners by working with the Content Engineering team to troubleshoot technical breakdowns, and owning communication and resolution of issues with our retailer partners accounts, their technical teams or third party vendors and affiliate networks.
“This position is eligible for remote work in the following states: CA / CO / CT / FL / IL / MA / NJ / NY / OR / TX / UT / WI”
- Own and manage all communication regarding feed and other product catalog integration issues with existing retailers. Be responsible for the communication of issues and deliver resolution within their SLA.
- Manage and own external communication with affiliate marketing managers at retailers or their affiliate network managers to explain technical problems, issues and concerns regarding product data feeds and product catalogs to non-technical contacts at our retailer clients.
- Liaise with technical contacts at third party vendors and feed providers to triage and resolve technical issues. Follow up to ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner, while continuously providing updates to internal teams.
- Communicate cross-functionally with internal teams on status of issue resolution, escalate roadblocks and challenges. Manage project timelines and provide updates to teams such as Business Development/ Sales teams as well as Content Engineering teams, and management
- Monitor existing issues and deliver resolution within their SLA and escalate high priority issues as needed
- Work with retailers, feed providers and affiliate networks to advocate for the development of our preferred feed specifications and increase the quality of their feed offering. Communicate retailer feedback and concerns about product feeds and integrations to broader ShopStyle teams.
- Evaluate prospective retailer feeds and catalog data integrity to prepare Content Engineering teams to create crawlers and/or feed integration
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience managing Google PLA feeds, product data feeds, or aggregated data feeds
- Extensive experience managing accounts and communicating to clients
- Proven ability to communicate technical concepts to business stakeholders and/or clients
- Proven ability to meet SLAs and work under pressure and time constraints
- Proficient with standard office productivity software (MS Office, Google Suite), JIRA and Confluence
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management, organization and problem solving skills
- 5+ years prior work experience in technical account management, operations, sales engineering, feed management, technical program management (and/or similar role in a technology-driven organization)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experience communicating with both technical and business stakeholders
- Experience in affiliate marketing or retail/e-commerce is a plus
ShopStyle is a style curation app that gathers fresh, just-for-you recommendations from over 20,000 brands across the shopping universe. Innovative search technology and a rich catalog are at our core, allowing us to curate trends and recommendations that enhance the shopping experience and showcase what is new and next. Shoppers find what they want–plus unique ways to purchase and save–all in one place at ShopStyle.
RAKUTEN SHUGI PRINCIPLES
Our worldwide practices describe specific behaviors that make Rakuten unique and united across the world. We expect Rakuten employees to model these 5 Shugi Principles of Success.
- Always improve, always advance. Only be satisfied with complete success – Kaizen.
- Be passionately professional. Take an uncompromising approach to your work and be determined to be the best.
- Hypothesize – Practice – Validate – Shikumika. Use the Rakuten Cycle to success in unknown territory.
- Maximize Customer Satisfaction. The greatest satisfaction for workers in a service industry is to see their customers smile.
- Speed!! Speed!! Speed!! Always be conscious of time. Take charge, set clear goals, and engage your team.