Gainsight (501+ Employees, 18% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Gainsight is the leader in customer success and product experience software. The Gainsight Customer Cloud offers everything your business needs to retain customers and drive growth in the age of the customer. As the first cloud of its kind, Gainsight brings together the required technologies to deliver a superior post-sale experience, ensuring customers easily adopt products they’ve purchased and achieve their desired business outcomes in partnership with their vendor. Gainsight joined the Vista Equity Partners portfolio in 2020.
Leading companies such as LinkedIn, Adobe, Tableau, Splunk, and Box choose Gainsight culminating in our recognition as one of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world by Forbes, one of the fastest-growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine, and as one of 20 Great Workplaces in Tech by Fortune Magazine. Gainsight’s CEO, Nick Mehta, has been recognized as one of the Top SaaS CEOs in America. The company has offices in California, Phoenix, St. Louis, London, and India. Gainsight is a remote-friendly workplace. Gainsight was recognized as one of the Best Work-From-Home companies in 2021.
With diversity and inclusion at the forefront of Gainsight’s core values, we promote a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusiveness regardless of, but not limited to, race, gender, sexual orientation, family status, religion, ethnicity, national origin, physical disability, veteran status, or age. By joining the Gainsight team, you’ll be playing a significant role in our growth, having an opportunity to put your fingerprints on our next phase of scale and customer impact, giving you the opportunity to apply and grow your expertise.
As a Technical Account Manager, Upgrades, you’ll be a technical consultant working closely with existing Gainsight clients to ensure their upgrade to Gainsight’s new platform, Gainsight NXT, is successful and they can successfully adopt their new system. You’ll be a key technical and business consultant responsible for conducting discovery, solutioning, and configuration to ensure your customers can transition all use-cases and workflow to their new system and are setup for long-term success. From a business standpoint you’ll help clients understand the new NXT platform and identify and implement use cases that are supported by the new platform. From a technical standpoint you’ll ensure their Gainsight instance is configured following best practices and reduces technical debt. This position requires a mixture of project management, organizational, problem-solving, advisory, and technical skills. The ideal candidate will be comfortable interacting with customers, working autonomously, and driving outcomes.
As a trusted consultant on Gainsight’s Professional Services team you’ll:
- Work independently or as part of a small team to upgrade existing customers to the new NXT platform and set them on a journey for success and scalability with the Gainsight product
- Conduct requirement gathering sessions in order to interpret and deeply understand business requirements while documenting those details in a thorough and interpretable fashion
- Lead business and technical design workshops around our customers’ Customer Success processes and create scalable, sustainable solutions following Gainsight best practices
- Document the solution
- Be able to understand Data Architecture, perform Data Discoveries and re-architecture the instance (if need be)
- Responsible for ensuring scalability of solutions and reducing customer technical debt
- Be able to work with the technical teams and the customer in launching the upgraded solution and supporting the customer after the launch
- Quickly establish rapport and positive relationship with client & stakeholders and manage expectations throughout the demand lifecycle and post-launch on NXT
- Proactively identify and escalate potential issues/risks and partner with both internal & external stakeholders for mitigation/resolution
- Participate in establishing best practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature capabilities of the team
- Forecast, track and report project hours and achieve your utilization target
Required skills / What We’re Looking For
- Hands-on 8+ years of recent Professional Services/Enterprise product implementation or related experience is required, SaaS experience is preferred
- Solid technical skills and aptitude are required – CRM, databases, data integration processes, Salesforce.com, and various SaaS platforms are considered relevant
- Skill set to understand and document business requirements as well provide prescriptive recommendations by actively listening and asking probing questions
- In-depth knowledge and experience with successfully managing enterprise software application implementations – with waterfall and agile methodologies
- Experience with spearheading initiatives with cross-functional teams on a number of concurrent engagements
- Record of professional achievements with a track record of delighted, successful, and satisfied customers
- Executive presence and confidence in communicating with technical, business, and VP & C-level stakeholders
- Ability to create structure in ambiguous situations and design effective processes
- Experience in working with complex, multi-divisional, multi-geographical customers
- Capability to be dynamic and adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable working on 5-10 unique customer projects at one time
- Passion to be an expert on the product and for being part of a fast growing company
- Strong communication, presentation, consultative and leadership skills
- Limited travel
- SFDC experience /certification is preferred
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
At Gainsight, our mission is to be living proof you can win in business while being human first.
Your job should never be a barrier to your happiness—it should be an avenue to achieve it. At Gainsight, we’re passionate about achieving our goals—at the office and everywhere—and we work every day to create an environment that nurtures our best selves.
Here are our 5 core values
- Golden Rule: We try to practice the Golden Rule by exercising reliability, trust and giving back to each other and our community.
- Success for All: We believe in success for our stakeholders—whether our teammates, clients or shareholders—comes with a sincere focus on continuous learning, selfless teaching and making a difference in each other’s lives.
- Child-like Joy: We aspire to experience child-like joy in our work and lives, injecting a spirit of passion, optimism and laughter into everything that we do.
- Shoshin: We believe in a beginner’s mind. Don’t surround yourself with people like you–diversity breeds creativity.
- Stay Thirsty, My Friends: We believe in a totally internally-driven strive for greatness. The solution is to think more, not do more.
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Our Attitude: We’ve created a new category from scratch and we continue to be the thought leader in Customer Success.
- Our Leadership: We offer the leading tech solution for driving Customer Success.
- Our ROI: Reduce customer churn, increase up-sell, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Our Technology: Our technology allows companies to drive retention and growth by delivering the value customers demand.
- Our Impact: In addition to helping companies grow, we’ve committed to $100 million in wage expansion for underrepresented groups over the next few years.
- Our Clients: Big companies like Box, Adobe, Marketo, and many others.
- Our Team: Our team is composed of innovative Customer Success thought leaders and experts in their field from various industries.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, 401k available on the first day of the month after start date, and flexible PTO.
Gainsight is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, where applicable, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.