Founded in 2015, Automox is coming off its fourth quarter of record growth that has seen its platform become the most recommended solution in endpoint security and the preferred endpoint management solution for over 1,500 customers across 30 countries. With an increasing number of operating systems, servers, hardware, and applications that need to be maintained, updated, configured, and patched on a regular basis, IT ops teams are feeling fatigued and vulnerable. Automox is building a company and team to tackle this problem for millions of endpoints.
Are you empathy-oriented, customer-obsessed, and have a desire to work in a mission-driven company that is disrupting the security industry and growing rapidly? Do you have the technical know-how to answer questions and support customers?
We want to hear from you! Automox is seeking a full-time Community Manager with a technical background to run the daily operations of our online community: community.automox.com
You’ll be responsible for evangelizing and growing the online community, monitoring posts from community members, and answering various questions and comments that come your way. Collaboration is key in this role, as you’ll be working closely with all areas of the company, from marketing to support & customer success to engineering. You’ll be filling a vital communications role to help customers get the most out of Automox whether they’re using it for the first time or are experienced power user. You’re comfortable with technical topics and can hold your own in a debate about the relative merits of Mac vs PC vs Linux. You like to learn new things and are willing to become a subject matter expert on the Automox product. Most important of all, you enjoy participating in online discussions, sharing knowledge & memes, and having fun!
In your application, please provide links to long-form content that you’ve written, online communities you’ve managed, and any public speaking event recordings.
THE FUN STUFF
- Be a passionate advocate for customers
- Own the Automox community day-to-day operations
- Evangelize the community internally and externally
- Provide customer feedback and feature requests to the product team
- Create community content such as interviews, blog posts, and feature previews
- Train customers and employees in using the community
- Participate in Automox webinars and other events
- Represent Automox on 3rd party online communities such as Spiceworks and RedditWork for an experienced senior community manager who can provide mentorship and help you grow your skills
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- IT, support, or other technical backgrounds
- 3+ years of community management experience, particularly in a B2B environment
- Familiarity with the Discourse community platform a plus
- Excellent writing and copy-editing skills
- Must thrive operating in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- A collaborative and team-oriented attitude that allows you to work effectively with product management, engineering, sales/marketing, and other product team members globally
- Security experience a plus but not required
WHY AUTOMOX We are on a mission to enable every IT Admin to automate the fundamental tasks that keep their corporation secure. This mission can only be accomplished with a culture embodies entrepreneurialism, accountability and providing our employees with the clear direction and freedom to do their best work. We don’t measure excellence based on how but on the what. Each employee has a value and contribution to the success of Automox. We look forward to working with you and seeing the success you will bring on our journey.
Remote : Anywhere in the US. The world is changing so are we. Automox has moved to a fully distributed company and is open to hiring across the US.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Automox. Automox is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any legally protected status.