Philips (501+ Employees, 83% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Technical Consultant – Prestage Engineer
Effective Tuesday, January 4, 2022, all U.S.-based employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID as a condition of employment at Philips. Employees may request a reasonable accommodation. Montana employees are currently excluded from this requirement at this time.
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a field-based or remote role, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Philips is a global leader in health technology, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide and striving to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Driven by the vision of a better tomorrow.
But it’s not just what we do, it’s who we are. We are 80,000, wonderfully unique individuals, with two things in common. An unwavering sense of purpose and a relentless determination to deliver on our customers’ needs. It’s what inspires us to create meaningful solutions – the kind that make a real difference – when it matters most.
The world and our customers’ needs are changing faster than ever before and while we are proud of what we do already, we know we can do more. That’s why we need you, to help us tackle increasingly complex challenges posed by ever evolving health and well-being needs.
We currently have an exciting opening for a Pre-Stage Engineer to join our remote-based team. As a Pre-Stage Engineer, you will work closely with customers contributing to solutions design, and implementing Philips Vue PACS, and related solutions that have hardware staged at our integration partner. This could include the PACS, VNA, and Enterprise Viewer solutions along with the configuration of the supporting hardware (servers, switches, load balancers, and storage).
This job requires an individual who is self-motivated, works independently, uses strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills, coupled with a proven track record of driving continuous improvements.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
In this role you will:
- Manage technical projects (on time and on budget) during the build phase by liaising with Solution Project Managers, Customers, Technical Teams, and 3rd party Suppliers in order to facilitate the delivery and related scheduling of hardware and software solutions.
- Perform configuration of Vue PACS and related solutions for large healthcare systems, including hardware, switches, servers, load balancers, and storage.
- Partner with Solution Architects and Research & Development teams to recommend improvements in solution design.
- Maintain high customer satisfaction by providing valuable solutions with the highest Philips quality standards.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by manager.
To succeed in this role, would be a benefit to have experience in the following area:
- Ability to manage technical project deliverables with large health system customers.
- Documentation of technical solutions.
- Understanding of networking topologies and standards.
- Microsoft 2012/2016/2019 Server.
- Dell and HP server setup and configuration.
- Design and implementation racked solutions.
- Hyper-V VM, and Hyper-V cluster technologies.
- Veritas Clustering technology.
- Network topology and network communication.
- Configuration of network switches and VLANS.
- Configuration of Loadbalancer.org and F5 load balancers.
- Configuration of Hitachi and EMC SAN and NAS storage.
- Excellent communication skills with strong oral and written English-language knowledge.
- Experience of working in a production environment against prescribed Standard operating procedures.
- Must be willing to travel up to 10%
In this role, you have the opportunity to make life better
Looking at the challenges the world is facing today Philips’ purpose has never been more relevant. So whatever your role, if you share our passion for helping others, you’ll be working towards creating a better and fairer future for all.
In return, we offer you
The ability to collaborate with, learn and grow from colleagues in a highly complex, global organization where you can use your strengths to help drive strategic business initiatives for Philips. Additionally, we provide you a dynamic working environment in an innovative business, paired with a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a supportive atmosphere where you can sharpen your talents with new challenges and career opportunities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on innovative, customer-first health technology solutions. Help us improve the health and well-being of billions of people, every year. Ultimately creating a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.
Visit our careers website to explore what it’s like working at Philips , read stories from our employee blog , find information about our recruitment process and answers to some frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran