Databricks (501+ Employees, 183% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
As a technical escalation manager, you will be responsible for coordinating the effort to resolve critical customer issues, customer impacting situations and major incidents. You will work with multiple teams internally (engineering, product management, Customer Success Engineering and Support) and externally (customers and partners) to solve customer impacting situations.
The impact you will have here:
- Manage support escalation in partnership with engineering, product management, Customer Success Engineering, Support, Customers and Partners until resolution
- Manage a disciplined customer-facing communication process for incidents and escalations by providing a timely RCA with the right set of details depending on the audience
- Achieve customer satisfaction by ensuring incidents or escalations (and related cases) are fully documented with execution of action items
- Create a data-driven customer get-well plan for every escalation and incident touched
- Use business and technical skills to manage customer escalations, coordinate meetings, calls and deliverables, and interpret trends and patterns for reporting
- Use data, metrics and feedback to make operational decisions and to improve incidents and escalations management
- Coordinate all the necessary resources required to fast track and resolve new incidents and escalation from customers with a clear and detailed plan
- Be an important contributor to Engineering, support and account management team projects and meetings
- Strengthen your AWS/Azure/GCP, Spark, Python/Java/Scala and Databricks platform expertise through learning and internal training programs
- Participate in weekend on-call rotations
- Work closely with first party partners like Microsoft, GCP in defining/handling escalations
What are we looking for?
- Minimum of two years of experience in customer support, support escalation and incident management is required.
- Enjoys executing in a fast and high-performance environment.
- Work with a high degree of integrity, accountability, attention to detail, execution and planning expertise.
- Excellent contextual interpretation and writing skill with an effective ability to summarize and communicate to technical and business audiences is required.
- Demonstrates strong ability to make timely decisions for both business and technical perspectives
- Understands proactive and reactive escalation management practices
- Min 3 years of experience designing or testing or maintaining Python/Java/Scala-based applications in typical project delivery and consulting environments is required
- Hands-on experience developing any two or more of the following: Big Data, Hadoop, Spark,Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Streaming, Kafka, Data Science, ElasticSearch related industry use cases at the production scale
- Hands-on experience in the performance tuning/troubleshooting of Spark-based applications at production scale
- Real-time experience in JVM and Memory Management techniques such as Garbage collections, Heap/Thread Dump Analysis is required.
- Working knowledge in Data Lakes and preferably on the SCD types use cases at production scale.
- Hands-on experience with any SQL-based databases, Data Warehousing/ETL technologies like Informatica, DataStage, Oracle, Teradata, SQL Server, MySQL
- Linux/Unix administration skills and Hands-on experience with AWS or Azure or GCP is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field is required.
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Family Planning
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Work headphones reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Business travel accident insurance
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 7,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, H&M, and over 40% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.