Emeritus (501+ Employees, 198% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Emeritus is committed to teaching the skills of the future by making high-quality education accessible and affordable to individuals, companies, and governments around the world. It does this by collaborating with more than 50 top-tier universities across the United States, Europe, Latin America, Southeast Asia, India and China. Emeritus’ short courses, degree programs, professional certificates, and senior executive programs help individuals learn new skills and transform their lives, companies and organizations. Its unique model of state-of-the-art technology, curriculum innovation, and hands-on instruction from senior faculty, mentors and coaches has educated more than 250,000 individuals across 80+ countries. Founded in 2015, Emeritus, part of Eruditus Group, has more than 2,000 employees globally and offices in Mumbai, New Delhi, Shanghai, Singapore, Palo Alto, Mexico City, New York, Boston, London, and Dubai. Following its $650 million Series E funding round in August 2021, the Company is valued at $3.2 billion, and is backed by Accel, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Leeds Illuminate, Prosus Ventures, Sequoia Capital India, and Bertelsmann.
The Emeritus Product Engineering team is looking for a technical leader to champion technical excellence and high impact delivery across Emeritus’s Global business. Reporting to the Director of Engineering, this person will be responsible for the development and execution of initiatives for one or more of the Emeritus Product Engineering teams, as well as growing and managing direct reports. Our team domains range from Growth (customer acquisition) to Enrollments (customers becoming students) to Payments (customer payment and reporting) and more.
- Provide technical leadership to build modular, maintainable, secure, and scalable solutions.
- Helping individual contributors deliver impact and diplomatically engage with different viewpoints.
- Balancing the team’s time across multiple high-impact projects.
- Delivering a significant portion of your impact via individual contributors on the team.
- Drive a culture of innovation, technical and operational excellence on the team.
- Ensure high quality and availability through prevention, monitoring, and resiliency strategies, and quickly resolving production issues.
- 8+ years of hands-on professional software development experience.
- 2+ years of people management experience.
- Strong technical experience with technologies and frameworks like (but not limited to) Ruby on Rails, Node.js, React.
- Able to mentor and supply feedback during code reviews.
- Grows individuals and the team size to adjust to the changing needs of Emeritus.
- Strong technical fundamental understanding and the ability to synthesize this knowledge to unblock and coach the team.
- Works with multiple teams to solve problems across the service line.
- Experience with technologies and frameworks like (but not limited to) Heroku, AWS
- Modularization experience, such as microservices or similar approach.
Emeritus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.