Redesign Health (201-500 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Redesign Health is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer – we recruit, train, compensate and promote our team members based on qualifications. We know how important it is not only to include, but to actively seek out a diversity of opinions and voices.
We want to hear from you regardless of your race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Redesign Health is a company that powers innovation in healthcare. We develop technologies, tools, and insights that lower the barriers to change in healthcare, and provide a platform that enables founders and the broader healthcare ecosystem to build high-quality health solutions at scale. We have powered the launch of 28 companies to-date including Lively, Ever/Body, Calibrate, Vault Health, Springtide, HealthQuarters, Proper, Anomaly, Jasper, MedArrive, Intrinsic, UpLift, Kins, Keen, Overalls, and stealth ventures in health equity, kidney care, women’s health, complementary medicine, and many more. We’re on a mission to redesign health for everyone.
Redesign is looking for a Technical Operations Associate. In this role, you will be responsible for administration of Redesign’s technology, systems, infrastructure, and basic security needs. In addition to system administration and execution of our technology strategy, you will also provide Tier 1 hands-on support for internal users and our portfolio companies, especially during the early stage operations of our new ventures.
Key components of this role will include maintaining and improving Redesign’s core technology platforms, managing the infrastructure to deploy and secure various devices and services across the organization, iterating and maintaining robust security policies and protocols, and supporting our portfolio companies with their various technology needs.
This position will report to the Technical Operations Lead at our NYC headquarters.
- Core Technology Operations
- Maintain and improve core IT services such as Okta, Google Workspace , Salesforce, Slack, Zoom, Mimecast, Microsoft 365, Cisco Meraki and other platforms
- Assist with maintenance of security and compliance for all Redesign and portfolio company technical services
- Manage Redesign’s technical onboarding and off-boarding processes
- Maintain and iterate Redesign’s internal IT support strategy and operations as well as our external support offerings for portfolio companies
- Device and Services Management
- Deploy and manage macOS, iOS, Windows and Android devices across the organization
- Support evaluation, implementation, adoption, and management of new enterprise technologies as well as existing investments such as our CRM (Customer Relationship Management), ATS (Applicant Tracking Software), etc.
- Maintain user-facing policies, procedures, and best practices for all software used by Redesign employees
- Portfolio Support
- Process initial system configuration and migration for new portfolio companies
- Support execution of technical projects for portfolio companies during their initial launch
- Work with the Technical Operations Lead to support in scaling technical infrastructure until a technical operations / IT team member is in place at each portfolio company. Sample responsibilities include:
- Deployment and implementation of POS solutions such as Square
- Deployment and implementation of networking equipment and a basic network configuration
- Development of AV/IT/CCTV strategies for a new retail location
- Assistance with the IT buildout of a new office location, including management of structured cabling vendors
- 2-4 years of hands-on experience in information technology, IT support, and/or technical operations, preferably at a high growth start-up
- Technical Experience
- Experience with Okta, Google Workspace, Jamf, Microsoft Intune (MDM), helpdesk ticketing systems, and other applicable software services
- 1-2 years of experience supporting large environments of Mac, Windows, and/or Chrome OS users with an ability to patiently troubleshoot issues
- Experience with networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, Email, HTTP, SSL, OSI
- Experience with networking configuration, best practices, etc. Experience with Meraki firewall/routers, switches, access points and security cameras is preferred.
- Proven experience managing employee onboarding and off-boarding processes
- Experience supporting and standing up IT infrastructure at office spaces and retail shops
- Professional Skills
- Highly collaborative, team oriented, and comfortable supporting cross-functional projects
- Experience deploying, securing, and managing devices with Jamf Pro and Microsoft Intune
- Motivated by solving complex problems and building scalable processes
- Adaptable, low-ego individual contributor with an ability to wear multiple hats and context switch constantly
- Systems thinker with meticulous attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- A customer-centric approach to end-user support
- Ability to break down and explain complex technical concepts using simple to understand language in a patient and customer-friendly manner to a mix of technical and non-technical stakeholders at various levels
- Passion and foresight for identifying potential data and system security threats and a bias for action to craft creative solutions to eliminate those weaknesses.
- Behavioral Skills
- Action-Oriented. Readily takes action on challenges, without unnecessary planning. Identifies and seizes new opportunities. Displays a can-do attitude in good and bad times. Steps up to handle tough issues. Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm
- Customer-Focused. Gains insight into customer needs. Identifies opportunities that benefit the customer. Builds and delivers solutions that meet customer expectations. Establishes and maintains effective customer relationships. Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Manages Complexity. Asks the right questions to accurately analyze situations. Acquires data from multiple and diverse sources when solving problems. Uncovers root causes to difficult problems. Evaluates pros and cons, risks and benefits of different solution options. Making sense of complex, high-quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to solve problems
What Redesign is all about
Redesign’s mission is to elevate healthcare companies that empower people to live their healthiest lives. To give a sense of what our team is all about, these are the values that guide our work:
- Redesign healthcare – We bring positive change to patients’ lives
- Own the outcome – We do the work to get the job done
- Be trusted partners – We strive to be the teammates and co-founders of choice
- Champion diverse perspectives – We work to unlock our joint potential
- Practice kindness – We aim to build bridges, not walls
- Learn continuously – We focus on constantly growing as individuals and as a team
Why work with us?
We care deeply about your well-being. And we’ve tailored our unique benefits around your wellness. Check out our full range of benefits here, and a few of our highlighted benefits below:
- Benefits for your physical wellness:
- Full medical, dental, and vision coverage with no monthly contribution for you and your dependents (for all of our plans!)
- Quarterly in-home house cleaning
- $50 a month wellness stipend
- Benefits for your financial wellness:
- 401K match
- Student loan repayment contribution
- Tax preparation services
- Benefits for your mental wellness:
- Unlimited PTO
- An annual 2-week company-wide winter break
- 2 months sabbatical after 4 years
- Reimbursements to Spotify & Headspace
- Benefits for the wellness of parents:
- 16 week full paid parental leave
- Maven Clinic access with $10k lifetime contributions to fertility & adoption services
- Diaper subscription service & summer camp reimbursement program