Branch Energy (11-50 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Let’s face it, the energy sector doesn’t have a great reputation.
We’ve all heard the horror stories. You might have been hit with an astronomically high energy bill or witnessed a general lack of customer service.
At Branch Energy, we’re doing things differently.
We build software that makes it easy for consumers to reduce their energy bills and carbon footprints. We help our customers save money and save the planet. It’s a win-win.
With a combination of empathy and a whole lot of data, we’re able to offer our customers green energy at a fixed rate that’s competitive with the financial cost of the greenhouse gas emitting stuff (never mind the long-term implications on our environment).
We’re here to build something great.
We believe in what we do and we have the potential to make the world a better, cleaner place. There’s a lot of room for improvement in this tired industry, and we’re excited to deliver a level of service our customers didn’t think was possible from their energy company.
We’re still in our early days, but we’re growing fast. We raised a Seed round in 2021, and we’re gearing up for a big 2022.
Climate change is a huge problem, and it will take the best and brightest minds to make a difference. We expect big things from our team, but if you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you.
At Branch Energy, the Technical Product Owner plays an integral role in our strategic and operational capability. As part of the Product team, the Product Owner is responsible for managing the customer-facing applications under their portfolio. During this role, you’ll get the chance to learn about many aspects of Branch Energy’s business and gain broad-based experience that will prepare you for a variety of growth-oriented roles within the organization.
In this role, you will need to/you can expect to:
- Communicating with business partners and stakeholders and reporting to the Product Manager.
- Ensure solutions are designed and developed for enterprise-level applications, solving diverse and complex business problems to meet goals, objectives, and business cases.
- Take part in a continuous product development cycle as an individual contributor.
- Work with cross-functional teams, business partners, and stakeholders to advance the product.
- Establish value, develop cases, and prioritize business and technical stories, epics, and themes in alignment with product strategy so that work revolves around those with the highest value.
- Ensure stories clearly communicate the customer and stakeholder needs to the development team, to meet key business objectives and strategies for the product.
- Refine backlog: Create user stories and acceptance criteria and prioritize all stories to ensure that work is centered on those with the greatest business value.
- Embrace a sense of urgency for achieving goals and leveraging resources to overcome obstacles.
You should have/You’re a good fit for this role if:
- A fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience integration and dependencies.
- An undergraduate degree with a technical, computer science, or engineering focus is preferred.
- Experience as a Product Owner, business analyst, solutions analyst, or a similar technical role.
- Experience with Salesforce.com configuration and user administration within a Salesforce.com environment is preferred. Salesforce administrator certification is a plus.
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com object structure, security model, profiles and roles, fields, record types, page layouts, validation rules, triggers, and knowledge management is a definite asset.
- Extensive experience with the full software development life cycle, including functional and technical specifications, documentation, QA processes, source control, maintenance and deployments.
- Understanding of relational databases, ability to navigate through relational data structures, and experience with SQL.
- Motivated self-starter with excellent analytical and technical skills.
- Effective at managing multiple tasks with varying complexities, meeting tight deadlines and working well under pressure.
- Creating optimal solutions to complex business problems by actively listening, visualizing, and brainstorming with customers.
- Experience writing business requirements, use cases, process flows, and functional specifications. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- It would be desirable to have experience working with Agile teams (in a distributed setting in multiple geographic locations) with a demonstrated understanding of the Agile mindset.
You’re a good fit for our team if:
• You believe climate change is real and want to fix it
• You know that working with a small team can be a roller coaster and you’re excited for the ride
• You value transparency and feedback
• You know that MVP doesn’t just stand for ‘most valuable player’
• You have opinions and ideas, and you’re not afraid to share them
• Most importantly, you take initiative and get stuff done
What you can expect from us:
We are a passionate team with a BIG mission. We foster a culture to get the best out of all our team members and have a track record of growing careers for those who demonstrate high performance and commitment.
We offer a competitive salary, equity, vacation, work perks, and a remote-first work environment!
Ready To Go? Apply now!
We strongly believe that products are better when they’re built by people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We encourage applications from everyone – regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, or disability status. If you need accommodations or adjustments throughout the application or interview process, please let us know.