Square (501+ Employees, 60% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
You will be part of the Platform Infrastructure and Engineering (PIE) team, helping us build platforms and tools that enable our developers to easily build and migrate their applications from our data centers into the cloud. We are looking for someone to organize and guide the work across hundreds of product engineering teams, finance, information/security, platform teams, and occasionally our cloud providers. It’s a top business priority to migrate out of data centers and into the cloud, and you’ll level up our ability to accomplish this vision on a global scale.
- Partner with engineering leads across Block to manage Cloud programs, including PaaS feature development, application migrations, tooling, metrics, and documentation; reporting to the TPM Team Manager.
- Guide technical projects to completion, including a complete overhaul of our internal documentation for engineering teams across Block.
- Plan and track the development of our cloud platform migration features and migrating data center workloads to the platform.
- Provide daily execution guidance for engineering projects, coordinating efforts across organizations, and help unblock all teams across Block.
- 6+ years of program management or equivalent project management experience in a mid-to-large sized company running complex programs with multiple partners.
- Experience communicating and translating non-technical to technical (and vice versa) requirements and discussions while organizing, coordinating, and running multiple projects.
- Experience setting and meeting goals and achieving team results
- Experience with cloud migrations, IaaS, PaaS.
- Experience with AWS or GCP, or experience in program management platform security or infrastructure.
- [Bonus] Programming Experience writing shipping code or experience managing engineering teams.
- [Bonus] Experience with documentation, training, developer experience, or similar skills relating to technical products
- [Bonus] Experience managing programs with remote/distributed teams.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. So we’re building easy tools to empower and enrich people. Tools that shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it—because we believe in fair and square. We started with a little white card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, our Cash app lets people send money instantly, and we’re building easy tools for customers, too. We’re empowering the electrician to send invoices, setting up the food truck with a delivery option, helping the clothing boutique pay its employees, and giving the coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.