Ethos (201-500 Employees, 224% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance for the next million families. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally multi-week process into a modern digital experience for our users that can take just minutes!
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, SoftBank, and the investment vehicles of Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed in Forbes’ Top 50 Fintechs of 2020. And for exciting news about our growth check out Life-Insurance Startup Ethos Valued at More Than $2.7 Billion. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families!
About the Role
Technical Program Managers operate within the Engineering organization and have technical knowledge that enables them to influence and drive cross-team projects and roadmaps. The right candidate will be an excellent communicator, comfortable in a flat, fast-moving organization, and eager to collaborate to solve difficult challenges. Our next TPM is expected to be flexible and pivot to help lead the company's most pressing initiatives. This person will be highly organized, productive, poised, and able to thrive in high-pressure, time-sensitive scenarios.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner closely with multiple teams including Engineering and Product leads to lead programs across organization.
- Work with external partners & carriers in driving strategic conversations.
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases
- Drive internal process improvements across teams and functions, to ensure high performance bars are met across the board
- Provide day-to-day coordination for projects and tasks
- Perform the duties of a scrum master using agile methodologies and scrum practices
- Assist teams with having a detail understanding of agile and scrum framework
- Participate and facilitate roadmapping, sprint planning sessions, retrospectives, demos, and scrum of scrums
- Help teams understand and balance dependencies between performance, efficiency, and product functionality
- Map dependencies and relationships between projects and teams, coordinating efforts across organizations and verticals
- Communicate status and big picture to the stakeholders and leadership
- Work independently with minimal supervision
Qualifications and Skills:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3years knowledge and work as an active scrum master
- Experience working in or with software development and product management teams
- Experience developing, managing, and coaching teams