Meta (formerly Facebook) (501+ Employees, 34% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Facebook is seeking a Technical Program Manager with Network hardware experience to define and deliver hardware solutions. The Technical Program Manager (TPM) will be solving complex challenges in the Infrastructure Engineering organization that support the Facebook family of applications. This person will partner with engineering, product and other cross-functional partners to prioritize work based on impact and drive strong execution. Having a strong product background, an overarching understanding of the whole system architecture and experience effectively collaborating with cross-functional teams to drive results are key drivers for this role. This is a full-time position based in our main office in Menlo Park and will report to the Group Technical Program Manager.
Technical Program Manager, Network Hardware Responsibilities:
- Drive engineering decisions and priorities to ensure that hardware teams are solving the most impactful problems.
- Engage in product management in collaboration with Engineering owners to define hardware product roadmaps.
- Work with internal customers to identify user needs, gather product requirements, and define scopes.
- Develop and manage end-to-end integrated project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Manage cross-functional infrastructure projects covering a range of areas (Data Center, Network, Hardware Systems, Infrastructure Software Engineering, Capacity Management, Applications).
- Perform risk assessment, risk mitigation, and change management on projects.
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Interface with Engineering and Application owners for project and product requirements and scope.
- Provide engineering assessments and risk analysis for hardware designs.
- Manage and drive strategic vendor engagement and deliveries.
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of software engineering, systems engineering, hardware engineering, or technical product/program management experience.
- Experience delivering tech programs or products from inception to delivery.
- Knowledge of user needs, gathering requirements, and defining scope.
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams, demonstrated critical thinking, and thought leadership.
- Communication experience and experience working with technical management teams to develop systems, solutions, and products.
- Organizational, coordination and multi-tasking experience.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale systems.
- Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners in different time zones.
- 7+ years of Network Hardware Systems Design experience.
- Experience in Network hardware systems interfaces and protocols, such as Rack Switches, Fabric Switches, NICs, Some current NOS, QOS.
- Knowledge of Network systems and/or components such as Forwarding ASICs, PHYs, Optics.
- Experience working with ODM’s and other vendors.
- Experience working with large scale distributed systems.
- Experience with data center architecture and deployment.
- Project Management Certification (PMP).
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]