For millions of teams working in dozens of industries, day-to-day business gets done on the phone. So why—despite the huge leaps we’ve taken in design and usability—does most business phone software still look, feel, and act like it was born in the 90s?
OpenPhone is changing that. We’re the modern, sophisticated answer to the clunky, outdated phone systems that have been slowing down businesses for years. And after earning 20,000 happy customers and 52M in funding in just four years, it’s safe to say we’re onto something big.
Our team is curious, ambitious, and dedicated to their crafts. We’re high trust with a strong bias for action. If you’re looking for a place to do your life’s work, get in touch. We’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for a Technical Recruiter to help us rapidly grow our Engineering team. You will identify and engage highly talented candidates for a wide range of positions. This role is a great fit for someone who wants to take their technical recruiting skills to the next level. We’re building our Talent team from the ground up and you will have the opportunity to make a big impact on the business.
Here Are Some Things You’ll Do:
- Sourcing, recruiting and hiring technical professionals across a variety of roles for the Engineering Team at OpenPhone
- Consult with and support our hiring managers as a talent advisor to help them identify talent needs and build a hiring strategy
- Manage hiring manager expectations and equip the interviewers to continually improve their interviewing capability
- Proactively review business needs and help leaders think holistically about talent solutions across the business
- Help build and manage talent brand externally
- Nurture future hires and build a strong pipeline for the future
- 3+ years of experience with full-lifecycle technical recruiting in-house and/or with an agency focused on Engineering Recruiting
- A passion for building teams and delivering exceptional candidate experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an appropriate blend of professionalism and friendliness
- Build solid relationships with leadership teams and serve as a partner before, during, and after the recruiting process
- Be proactive in networking, cold-calling, and “deep diving” into passive candidate networks throughout various markets
- Proven abilities to attract passive senior candidates and build diverse pipelines
- A strong track record of finding candidates in unconventional ways
- Ability to prioritize and multitask as well as be excited to roll up your sleeves and contribute to all parts of OpenPhone’s recruiting processes
- Technical Recruiting for a high-growth start-up a HUGE plus
There’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. We’re looking for an optimist with grit and determination, who is excited to face the challenges of a growing startup. OpenPhone is the type of company where you can grow, and we encourage you to apply to us even if you don’t 100% match the exact candidate description.
OpenPhone is a new type of business phone. Our mission is to help people communicate better and be more productive.
We’re backed by Y Combinator and the best venture firms including Tiger Global, Craft Ventures, Slow Ventures, Kindred Ventures, and others. We’re serving thousands of businesses around the world and growing quickly. We take a lot of pride in providing an exceptional customer experience and a product people love. Our customers rated us #1 on all possible categories on G2 Crowd.
We’re a distributed team working from around the world – San Francisco, Seattle, Ottawa, Moscow, Manila, Sydney, and many more.
We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.