"Viva Translate, Inc." (11-50 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Viva Translate is building a future of work without language barriers.
We provide cross-language communication that helps Spanish-speaking freelancers communicate with remote teams around the world.
Mission for Technical Recruiting Lead role
To execute full cycle recruiting of software developers, designers, and other roles for our external clients.
About the role
As our first technical recruiting lead hire, you will spearhead recruitment initiatives and champion a positive candidate experience.
What you’ll do
- Design, guide, and implement overall recruiting strategy
- Post and manage sourcing strategies on job boards and recruiting sites, with an emphasis on financial resourcefulness for recruiting at scale (e.g. 100,000+ hires)
- Actively source candidates using various recruiting platforms
- Track & evaluate performance metrics, and oversee ways to improve the recruiting & sourcing process
- Build and maintain a strong candidate pipeline
- Review resumes and portfolios, and filter for qualifications and company cultural fit
- Initiate contact with professional attention to detail, schedule interviews, and conduct follow-ups in a timely manner to ensure a positive candidate experience
- Conduct video call interviews with candidates, and compile interview notes
- Coordinate with Engineering, Sales, and Design accordingly to arrange follow-up interviews and take-home assignments
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to facilitate the offer approval, extension, and negotiation process
- Work closely with Sales, Design, Engineering, and other teams to deeply understand hiring needs
- Manage, mentor, and grow a future department of recruiters and coordinators
- Advocate and devise company strategy to better support a pipeline of candidates from marginalized backgrounds
What we’re seeking
- 4+ years of experience recruiting software engineers & technical roles
- Previous recruitment experience in tech or at startups
- Excellent sense of judgment and proven track record for assessing talent for technical and cultural fit
- Knowledge of major tech stacks and platforms
- Strong interpersonal skills & charismatic personality
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills to attract top talent
- Thrives in a fast-paced & fast-changing environment
- Highly conscientious with keen attention to detail
- Exceptional teamwork, organizational, and multi-tasking skills
- Data-driven and goal-oriented strategist who is proactively working on optimizing conversion rates and costs
- Fluent in Spanish
Nice to Haves
- Experience with recruiting in Latin America
- Knowledge of recruitment metrics including time to fill, cost per hire, and source utilization
✨ Additional Information
- This position is fully remotely
✏️ To apply please send your resume to [email protected] & describe your process of screening software developer candidates.