Pax8 (501+ Employees, 113% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
*Note: Please disregard any compensation estimates that may be provided by linkedin or any other source. These statistics are auto-generated and not accurate*
No matter who you are, Pax8 is a place you can call home. We know there’s no such thing as au202f“perfect’u202fcandidate, so we don’t look for the right ‘fit’ – instead, we look for the add.u202fWe encourage you to apply for a role at Pax8 even if you don’t meet 100% of the bullet points.u202fWeu202fbelieve in cultivating an environment with a diversity of perspectives, in hopes that we can all thrive in an inclusive environment.
We are only as great as our people. And we have great people all over the world. No matter where you live and work, you’re a part of the Pax8 team. This means embracing hybrid- and remote-work whenever possible.
The Technical Support Engineer I/II interacts with our partners through multiple communication channels, providing technical support and escalation assistance on the vendors that we have on our line card. They create product knowledge documentation. The Engineer focuses on the products and technologies that are relevant to the specific team they are assigned to which includes Productivity, Infrastructure, Continuity, and Security.
Essential Responsibilities (includes, but is not limited to):
- Provide technical partner support
- Manage daily cases assigned
- Log into phone and case management systems according to schedule
- Resolve routine technical cases in a timely and efficient manner, using technical knowledge of our various Stax solutions
- Escalate cases to upper tier engineers and/or vendors when appropriate
- Own and oversee escalated support cases until resolution is determined
- Assist with development of processes around support in relation to providing customer support and problem resolution
- Collaborate with vendors or vendor contacts around cases currently in an escalated state
- Manage daily cases assigned
- Maintain product and knowledge specialization
- Develop and maintain knowledge around products specific to their team
- Work with vendors and vendor contacts to drive continuous communications around updates and information that may affect the team
Ideal Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- At least two (2) years of related experience in the technical support field
- MSP specific experience preferred
- Strong communication skills around customer service – can defuse situations where partners and/or customers may be frustrated
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills combined with the ability to provide quick resolution to problems
- A self-motivated, strategic creative worker with a drive for executional excellence
- Proficient at managing email and team communication through MS Outlook and MS Teams
- Ability to build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Ability to make sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
- Ability to actively learn through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learnings
- Ability to actively seek new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development challenges
- Ability to anticipate and adopt innovations in business building digital and technology applications
- Demonstrated support specific knowledge in one or more of the following Pax8 Staxs:
- Productivity: Admin level experience with the Microsoft Office 365 platform. Experience migrating to Office 365, or from different versions of Microsoft Exchange. Understanding of PowerShell and its use with Office 365. Advanced knowledge of the Office 365 Desktop Suite. Fundamental knowledge of mail flow concepts and DNS.
- Infrastructure: Advanced experience with the Microsoft Office 365 and Azure platforms. Experience with Azure AD Connect and hybrid configurations. Knowledge of Windows Virtual Desktop and/or Remote Desktop Services. Understanding of virtualization and clustered server environments.
- Continuity: Admin level experience with BC/DR solutions, their set up, configuration, and failover best practices. Understanding of Microsoft Windows Server architecture. Admin level experience with SaaS based email solutions, Office 365 preferred. Admin level experience with SaaS based backup solutions and the restoration of data. Working knowledge of continuity-based products such as Acronis, Storagecraft, Veeam, Dropsuite.
- Security: Admin level experience with the Microsoft Office 365 platform. Understanding of mail flow, related DNS records, diagnosing mail flow issues, setting up connectors to third party platforms. Admin level experience on SaaS based email security platforms like Proofpoint, Ironscales, Titan HQ. Admin level experience with endpoint solutions like SentinelOne and Bitdefender. Installation, removal, and remediation experience with endpoint solutions. Basic knowledge around cybersecurity best practices or the desire to learn and dig deeper.
Required Education & Certifications:
- B.A./B.S. in related field or equivalent work experience
- Industry specific certifications preferred such as Microsoft 365 Expert Admin, MCSA, Comptia A+, Network+, Security+
- Qualified candidates can expect a salary beginning at $54,000 or more depending on experience
- Non-Commissioned Bonus Plans or Variable Commission
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible, Open Vacation
- Paid Sick Time Off
- Extended Leave for Life events
- RTD Eco Pass (For local Colorado Employees)
- Career Development Programs
- Stock Option Eligibility
- Employee-led Resource Groups