We believe in having a transparent hiring process to provide a fair and inclusive experience to all our candidates.
Our team is dedicated to ensuring you have a great candidate experience, and that starts with outlining our hiring process from start to finish so you know what to expect every step of the way (no surprises!)—click here to learn more!
Do you find yourself driven to help people and find solutions to problems? Can you skillfully navigate between investigating complex technical issues and communicating your findings to partners, engineers, and non-technical stakeholders? Are you excited to play a crucial role in growing a new and exciting part of our business? You’re looking for a big challenge that holds big opportunities—and you’ll find that at Thinkific!
The Technical Support Specialist will be a key part of the App Store team within the Platform Operations team at Thinkific. The App Store team lives between Thinkific’s app developer community and customer-facing teams on the one hand, and the Product and Engineering team on the other. In this role, you’ll work to support our network of app developers and partners and be the go-to person for app developers and internal teams for everything related to the App Store. You’ll investigate and solve technical questions, complex integration problems, and bugs in our API, App Store, Partner Portal, and PartnerStack, while working closely with our Engineering team and third party service providers to do so.
In this role, you will:
- Triage and address queries from app developers, from technical questions related to our App Store, APIs, Webhooks, Partner Portal, PartnerStack to advising on best practices and specific use cases
- Identify, build, and iterate documentation and technical resources in the Thinkific Help Centre, the Thinkific Developers Portal, and the Partner Portal to enable app developers to solve their queries through self-service
- Perform initial testing and technical reviews of app submissions received, liaising with stakeholders as required to resolve issues blocking app approvals
- Actively conduct testing and QA for new App Store, API, and Webhook features—you’ll identify, investigate, and document bugs to help us improve the App Store and our processes
- Monitor feedback received from app developers and partners about the App Store, APIs, Webhooks, Partner Portal, and PartnerStack in various channels (ZenDesk, Partner Slack channels, community forums and internal Slack feeds) and direct this feedback to the Product and Engineering teams for review and prioritization
- Enable our App Store team to scale up by creating and documenting processes and policies to help provide solutions and better equip the team to handle common app developer issues and app submissions
- Maintain the Zapier zaps used by the Platform Operations team to connect various operational systems, including PartnerStack, PartnerPortal, ActiveCampaign, Typeform, and Salesforce
- Share your technical experience by assisting the Senior Manager, App Store with training other Partner Support Specialists and App Store Reviewers
To be successful in this role, you likely:
- Have 3+ years experience in an online user support role with a strong focus on technical investigation and resolution
- Demonstrate experience supporting users through multiple channels, mainly by email and phone
- Have experience with Zendesk or similar ticketing system software
- Love helping people, and be driven to go above and beyond to support a customer
- Exhibit strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to write a customer email, pick up the phone, or hop on a video call while expressing yourself well and with clarity
- Be an independent problem solver, and have no trouble figuring out how to solve a complex software problem even if you don’t know the answer to start
- Perform well under pressure and calmly handle emergency situations on the fly
- Bring new perspectives and like to get creative by finding innovative solutions to tough problems
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely attended a post-secondary institution, continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills, or have equivalent professional experience in a similar role
- Can demonstrate experience working with SQL and writing queries
- Have worked cross-departmentally with Sales, Product, Engineering, Customer Success, and Operations teams and are comfortable collaborating with others
- Previously worked in a developer or partner support role involving APIs, Webhooks, integrations and apps
- Contributed primarily in a B2C organization
Bonus points if you:
- Bring experience using Slack, Asana, Google Drive, Zapier, Zendesk, Typeform
- Previously worked in a SaaS-based, fast growing startup
- Have experience with HTML/CSS
- Are comfortable and confident with using Mode Analytics
- Showcase experience driving customer feedback to other teams internally
- Have experience developing apps, widgets, or plugins for other systems
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we’re building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 50,000 course creators and more than 25 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and mental health coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Whether you’re at our Vancouver HQ or working from home, you’ll have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with Thinkers on your team and across the company through team-wide events, meet and greets with new team members, and regular social events
- Have fun with our team, even while we’re working remotely—join us for an online games session, virtual trivia and paint nights, at-home fitness challenges, or even an online coffee brewing demo!
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most, whether that’s subsidizing your gym membership, covering out-of-pocket expenses, or getting new gear
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Meet the many @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Get set up for success, whether that’s at the office or at home. Whether you need a monitor, laptop stand, keyboard, mouse, or even a desk, we’ll work to ensure you have what you need to do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Here at Thinkific, we know that the different perspectives on our team have led to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. Our team welcomes applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can’t wait to meet you!