Intruder (11-50 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
What we’re offering (we all know everyone jumps to this section first!)
- £37,000 – £42,000
- Share options so you can benefit from our success.
- 28 days paid holiday plus 8 bank holidays, and an additional 5 unpaid if you wish to take them.
- Flexible working – you can work from home, but it would be great if you could pop into from our Shoreditch office once or twice a week.
- Regular (optional) socials. In the past year we’ve lost at Hijingo Bingo, been awestruck at Cabaret and sampled plenty of East London’s finest grub.
About the role:
This position will be our first dedicated technical support role and will require someone that is keen to hit the ground running. The product is always evolving, so the ideal candidate would be as adaptable as they are resourceful, with a proven capacity for learning quickly. (Don’t worry, there are plenty of people to answer any questions you may have.)
We’re looking for someone that has a strong technical foundation (familiarity with cloud services will be especially useful) and the ability to communicate information simply and succinctly – both internally and externally.
This is a customer-centric role, so you must be comfortable interacting with our awesome clients. Your technical experience will play an important role in educating our users and help them through any queries they may have.
Working on the frontline, you’ll be uniquely positioned to relay customer experiences and challenges to the engineering, product and marketing teams – your attention to detail and exemplary organisational skills will make collaboration a breeze.
- Strive to delight all customers with prompt, accurate and empathetic technical support via the chatbot function
- Take ownership of reported technical issues and follow through to resolution with the ability to research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions, sometimes working with other teams to do so
- Suggest improvements to our products / processes and work with other teams to define requirements and document those improvements
- Manage demo cloud accounts for GCP, Azure and AWS to assist with support collateral
- Document support issues and contribute to our knowledge base in the form of help articles, instructions manuals, FAQs, internal process etc – ensuring that content is always up to date
- Monitor the company’s Intruder account (yes, we scan ourselves!) and relay any issues that need to be resolved
Technical skills / experience
- Be familiar with basic command and terminal usage in MacOS, Windows and Linux
- Have a basic understanding of: TCP/IP; firewalls, WAFs, IPS and IDS; the differences between external and internal networks; TLS/SSL; how to test whether a service is exposed to the internet
- Have basic knowledge of Cloud services (AWS, Azure and GCP)
- Have basic knowledge of security tools such as Nmap
- Have experience working for a SaaS company
The ideal candidate will:
- Have excellent command of written English language and the ability to communicate technical details effectively to people with various levels of technical competence and knowledge
- Have a resourceful and determined approach to problem-solving
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and be comfortable with client-facing calls
- Be empathetic and courteous – for some clients this is their first dip into cyber security and we want them to feel as comfortable and supported as possible
Intruder is a fast-growing cyber security startup that’s been through prestigious accelerators including CyLon and the GCHQ Cyber Accelerator. Intruder helps companies easily identify, track, and fix cyber security weaknesses, before they get hacked. Intruder has its headquarters in London, UK, and provides cyber security services to over 1,500 customers worldwide. Learn more about Intruder’s growing services, team and our values.
Why join us?
Intruder is a dynamic and well-funded start-up operating in a thriving market. We’re a small, but rapidly growing team that are passionate about the work we do and never miss a chance to celebrate the wins. You’ll join the company at just the right time – we’ve established a product-market fit and things are really taking off!
Please include a cover letter so we can get to know you. 🙂