Writing is your favorite communication method. You have a knack for simplifying complex problems and processes. Plain language is your best friend and introducing people to new technology and concepts is what drives you. You have a technical background. Making technology simpler and friendlier is your mission.
About the Opportunity
The built environment will receive significant upgrades in the coming years. At Assignar, we help the companies who perform the incredible amount of construction work that is required for these initiatives by providing a platform for the planning and optimization of their operations. Assignar’s data-driven technology makes our customers’ construction work more efficient and more profitable. If you share our passion for building things and also like to explain how stuff works, you should definitely consider joining our team!
We are looking for a creative and tech-savvy writer who can make our support content run like heavy duty construction equipment. As a technical writer at Assignar, you will prepare simple, compelling support and learning articles to help customers learn and use our products. You will work with product, engineering and marketing to make sure that content is accurate, appropriate and engaging.
Your words will help people in all kinds of organizations in the construction space understand, plan, set up, and manage Assignar tools to start the digital transformation and resource optimization in their business.
About the Responsibilities
What you will do:
- Design and write end-to-end guidance that makes it easy for customers to get started with our products to help them build great things. You will make our support content look and sound extraordinary.
- Craft simple, compelling support and learning articles. Write and edit friendly, brilliantly clear UI text for new product features.
- Build an “Assignar Language”: a dictionary and writing style guide that will allow anyone in the company to contribute content in a consistent way.
- Study content analytics and work with people across the company to define your plans from content strategy to day-to-day improvements.
- Write scripts and help produce videos.
- Create diagrams and illustrations to explain technical concepts. Suggest ways to improve content with formatting and visuals.
- Help outline our new training curriculum. Give constructive feedback to your peers and review your own work with others.
- Envision and drive experiments to test out new ideas in partnership with the UX team.
- Collaborate with the product team to plan out content for major product releases and events
About the Qualifications
What you will need:
- Excellent written (synchronous and asynchronous) and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively in a professional voice that is tuned to Assignar’s audiences. Comfortable working in a remote-first environment.
- Customer obsession with strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- BA/BS degree in English, Journalism, Technical Communications, Informatics, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- A data-driven approach to content planning, execution, validation, and impact analysis.
- 3+ years of technical writing experience.
- 2+ year experience with online collaboration tools such as Slack and the Google G Suite.
- Portfolio of writing samples for review.
- Experience producing videos or visual content.
Great to have:
- Understanding of SEO concepts and how readers find and use content on the web.
- SaaS and/or startup experience.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.