CrowdStrike (501+ Employees, 107% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
#WeAreCrowdStrike and our mission is to stop breaches. As a global leader in cybersecurity, our team changed the game. Since our inception, our market leading cloud-native platform has offered unparalleled protection against the most sophisticated cyberattacks. We’re looking for people with limitless passion, a relentless focus on innovation and a fanatical commitment to the customer to join us in shaping the future of cybersecurity. Consistently recognized as a top workplace, CrowdStrike is committed to cultivating an inclusive, remote-first culture that offers people the autonomy and flexibility to balance the needs of work and life while taking their career to the next level. Interested in working for a company that sets the standard and leads with integrity? Join us on a mission that matters – one team, one fight.
About the Role:
As a Technical Writer, you’ll write customer-focused product documentation for our customers. You’ll set the example for best practices in user-centered technical writing as part of our cross-functional UX team, and you’ll be embedded in a product development team to work with SMEs and develop a deep understanding of a complex product.
- Produce high-quality documentation—feature guides, release notes, API docs, and more—to guide and educate customers. Develop deep product knowledge through researching, partnering with SMEs, and using the product.
- Embrace and help refine our modern, conversational voice and tone.
- Help build our writing team’s standards, processes, and best practices.
- Partner with other technical writers and with UX team members, including UX writers, designers, developers, researchers, and QA.
- Shape the development of our content management system with your writing expertise.
- Advise, assist, and mentor other writers, and participate in collaborative content reviews.
- Advocate for the customer in all aspects of your job.
- Help define our team’s strategy and vision while also independently managing your own projects.
- Excellent writing skills, including thoughtful information hierarchy, great sentence structure, and a conversational yet professional voice.
- Embrace a user-centric approach to focus on what the customer needs, not what the system does.
- Experience exploring a customer’s problem space and addressing their needs through documentation.
- Exceptional audience analysis, written and verbal communication, and problem solving.
- Strong grasp of user experience fundamentals.
- Portfolio of writing samples that communicate technical information in a modern, conversational voice and tone.
- Knowledge of and experience with technical audiences, cybersecurity, and startups strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to make complex technical subjects easy to comprehend.
- Passion for seizing opportunities for improvement at every turn.
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Remote-first culture
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation and flexible working arrangements
- Comprehensive and inclusive health benefits
- Physical and mental wellness programs
- Paid parental leave, including adoption
- A variety of professional development and mentorship opportunities
- Offices with stocked kitchens when you need to fuel innovation and collaboration
We are committed to fostering a culture of belonging where everyone feels seen, heard, valued for who they are and empowered to succeed. Our approach to cultivating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture is rooted in listening, learning and collective action. By embracing the diversity of our people, we achieve our best work and fuel innovation – generating the best possible outcomes for our customers and the communities they serve.
CrowdStrike is committed to maintaining an environment of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action. If you need reasonable accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact [email protected], for further assistance.
CrowdStrike, Inc. is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. For applicants in Colorado the salary range is $120,000 – $190,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. A candidate’s salary is determined by various factors including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, and certifications. The salary range may differ in other states.