Coursera is a leading online learning platform for higher education, where 77 million learners from around the world come to learn skills of the future. More than 200 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, certificates, and degree programs. Thousands of companies trust the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera for Government equips government employees and citizens with in-demand skills to build a competitive workforce. Coursera for Campus empowers any university to offer high-quality, job-relevant online education to students, alumni, faculty, and staff. Coursera is backed by leading investors that include Kleiner Perkins, New Enterprise Associates, Learn Capital, and SEEK Group.
We are seeking a strategic-minded, hands-on, data-driven, and collaborative Content strategist with a solid background in IT, Cloud, and/or Software development. We’re looking for someone excited and willing to perform work ranging from brass tacks implementation to data-driven strategy. This person should have an understanding of IT operations, cloud computing, and/or software development. Ideally this person should also have a solid understanding of how technology skills are taught — topics, progression from beginner to advanced — on Coursera and off.
This person will use internal data and market research to identify promising areas in which Coursera should create content related to IT and development. While part of the role involves identifying these key areas of strategic investment, another meaty part of the job will involve some consultation to our Partnerships team, who interface directly with companies and universities to help their content come to life.
You will support the Senior Manager of Technology Content Strategy in this role on work ranging in scope from helping to identify specific IT and development topics, to forecasting enrollment/revenue for these topics, to reviewing proposed curricula at a high level, to supporting multi-year content plans that cut across departments and content formats (e.g., Courses, Degrees). This person will also support the Content Strategy Technology Sr. Manager on cross-functional initiatives that are helping to create and position content on the platform, such as our Services, Marketing, and Product teams.
- Support the Sr. Manager of Technology Content Strategy to identify in-demand jobs and skills in IT/Cloud and software development, and translate them into relevant recommendations to meet learners’ needs.
- You will need to keep different types of learners in mind, such as Consumer, Enterprise, and Degree learners.
- Consultant to companies and universities (via Partnerships Managers) on strategic content opportunities in IT/Cloud and software development, as well as their projected value.
- Collaborate with tech-minded colleagues to modify our IT/Cloud and software development taxonomy and framework to meet the changing needs of the industry
- Present recommendations internally and externally to both SME (subject matter experts) and people without a background in IT/Cloud and software development
- 3+ years industry experience and/or MBA
- 2+ years experience in data analysis or research
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to break down complex IT/Cloud topics for beginner to advanced learner
- Familiarity with Excel, SQL, Python and/or R a plus
- Experience developing curricula for technical certifications, IT tools, or software development a plus
- Experience as a developer or IT professional a plus
- Experience with executive and strategy presentations a plus
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please contact us at [email protected]
Please review our CCPA Applicant Notice here.