CrowdStrike (501+ Employees, 107% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
#WeAreCrowdStrike and our mission is to stop breaches. As a global leader in cybersecurity, our team changed the game. Since our inception, our market leading cloud-native platform has offered unparalleled protection against the most sophisticated cyberattacks. We’re looking for people with limitless passion, a relentless focus on innovation and a fanatical commitment to the customer to join us in shaping the future of cybersecurity. Consistently recognized as a top workplace, CrowdStrike is committed to cultivating an inclusive, remote-first culture that offers people the autonomy and flexibility to balance the needs of work and life while taking their career to the next level. Interested in working for a company that sets the standard and leads with integrity? Join us on a mission that matters – one team, one fight.
About the Role:
CrowdStrike is looking for a Software Engineer to join our growing TechOps CICD Services team. As a Services Engineer, you will be focused on the creation of tools to enhance the automations that deploy and manage CrowdStrike’s cloud-based infrastructure. You will be playing a key role in architecting and implementing solutions to support our development teams. If you are interested in working on a high-performing remote team with interesting problems to solve, this is the job for you!
- On-Premise administration experience with one or more the following services:
- CI/CD tools such as: Jenkins, Bamboo
- Artifact repository services such as: Artifactory, Nexus, or Quay.io
- IaaS Provisioning tools such as Ansible, Chef, Salt, Puppet etc.
- Source Code Management services such as Bitbucket, Gitlab, Github etc.
- Experience with common scripting languages
- Python, Groovy, PowerShell
- Experience with Linux and windows server administration in Hybrid Environments
- Knowledge of proper monitoring, maintenance, and disaster recovery of critical services
- Ability to document processes/procedures.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience working in a large-scale production environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Proven ability to work effectively with both local and remote teams
- Must exhibit attention to detail, and have the ability to make good, timely decisions and prioritize numerous simultaneous tasks
- Demonstrate self-learning capabilities, taking initiative in a fast pace/quickly changing environment.
- Security-mindset, general understanding of cybersecurity principles.
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Remote-first culture
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation and flexible working arrangements
- Comprehensive and inclusive health benefits
- Physical and mental wellness programs
- Paid parental leave, including adoption
- A variety of professional development and mentorship opportunities
- Offices with stocked kitchens when you need to fuel innovation and collaboration
We are committed to fostering a culture of belonging where everyone feels seen, heard, valued for who they are and empowered to succeed. Our approach to cultivating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture is rooted in listening, learning and collective action. By embracing the diversity of our people, we achieve our best work and fuel innovation – generating the best possible outcomes for our customers and the communities they serve.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.