Dell Technologies (501+ Employees, 8% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Telecom Lead Network Architect
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a Telecom Lead Network Architect on our Telecom Systems Business Co-innovation Expert team (TCEC) where you will play a key role in create products and solutions catering for the worldwide telecommunications market, with a focus on being a prime architect liaison with large telecommunications customers.
What you’ll achieve
You’ll help drive the architecture and definition of next-generation server, storage, and networking platforms optimized for the telecommunications industry, and in particular for one of our large customers, as well as validating various aspects of the platforms with a focus on the RAN aspects of the solution. You’ll collaborate closely with our customer’s key architects to co-develop architectures that meet their 5G network needs. You’ll also work closely across Dell with product management, system level architects, and various development teams across Dell to engineer the RAN features needed to make Dell and Dell’s telecom customer successful. You’ll form opinions on improvements to the architecture or to the system configurations, and you’ll help incorporate your opinions into the specification of future generations of the products. You’ll have a hand in designing Dell’s products and, ultimately, in the emerging 5G networks across the world.
- Be the primary architect liaison and lead developer on a number of leading-edge concepts developed with one of Dell’s largest customers
- Participate in architectural discussions within Dell, representing the needs of Dell’s customer, and with key telecom ecosystem partners, both hardware and software
- Apply telecom-specific requirements to ensure telecom-optimized functionality and performance
- Drive independent research on the applicability of alternative hardware and SW architectures in RANs
- Collaborate closely throughout the development process to ensure solutions with compelling value in customer deployments
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Minimum 15 years of working experience in Telecom domain including experience in Consumer and Enterprise business segments.
- Subject matter expert on Telco Transformation with deep expertise on ORAN, NFV, SDN, ZSM, Kubernetes and Automation/ Orchestration/ Telemetry for 5G and beyond using a Cloud Native approach.
- Experience in large scale telecom solution creation, Technology strategy consulting, Enterprise Architecture, Technology Architecture and Design.
- Ability to manage a wide variety of technical resources to collaborate and drive large enterprise grade, technically comprehensive customer projects
- Deep understanding of leveraging Micro services-based architecture and agility in bringing new offerings and creating differentiated experience and be able to play an advisory role to the clients by providing Solution & Technology consultancy including Problem definition, Discovery, technology evaluation, Solution recommendation and Architecture definition.
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
From applied research to advanced engineering, the Engineering Technologist team has the expertise to shape ground-breaking products, material and processes. It’s a fascinating field of work. We’re involved in assessing the competition, developing technology and generating intellectual property. We lead technology investigations, analyze industry capabilities and recommend potential acquisitions or vendor partner opportunities. Our insights influence product architecture and definitions. And we work with colleagues across the business to ensure our products always lead the way.
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life — while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: 5th August 2022 (Please apply ASAP as applications may close sooner)
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.