Oddball believes that the best products are built when teams understand and value the things they are working on. We value learning and growth and the ability to make a big impact at a small company. We believe that we can make big changes happen and improve the daily lives of millions of people by bringing quality software to the federal space.
As Test Engineer, you will work in tandem with the software development team to validate, document, test, and deploy applications making a positive impact on millions of Americans’ daily lives.You’ll work with various teams, contractors and clients to ensure that our work is scalable, deployable and of the highest quality (no pun intended…).
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide technical guidance and expertise to team members and/or colleagues.
- Work with Software Engineers, System Engineers, and DevOps Engineers in the correction of any defects found.
- Guide and implement strategies to help engineering and leadership make quick and decisive decisions.
- Build and implement test reports, communicating the results to multiple stakeholders.
- Make decisions based on strategy and context, and roll out changes as needed to boost efficiency.
We are looking for someone with the following skill set:
- 3+ years experience working with growing, technically minded companies.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience delivering test scripts, test cases and test plans that are in alignment with Business-Driven Development/Test Driven Development (BDD/TDD) using tools such as (Selenium/Web Driver,Cucumber, Geb, Spock, SOAP UI, Postman).
- Ability to apply appropriate test methodologies, including writing test plans and test cases.
- Knowledge of at least one development language, including Java, C++, C#, or Groovy.
- Experience with test methodologies, QA process, software release cycle, test effort estimation, and tracking.
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Knowledge of Agile, Scrum, and SAFe.
Must be located within the United States.
This is a full time, remote position. Oddball offers a tech and continuing education stipend. This role requires the ability to obtain a low level security clearance.
Oddball is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, religion, color, disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics. Any applicant with a mental or physical disability who requires an accommodation during the application process should contact an Oddball HR representative to request such an accommodation.