Fundrise offers a wonderful in-person environment at our Washington, DC headquarters if that’s what you are looking for as well as a fully-remote option, including company-paid access to WeWork, from any location in the United States.
Our mission at Fundrise is to allow everyone access to a technology driven, diversified portfolio of institutional-quality real estate. Founded in 2012, we’re the largest direct-to-investor real estate investment platform in the United States. We make institutional-quality real estate investments available to individual investors of every size at the touch of a button.
Since our launch, Fundrise has raised over $2.4 billion from investors in all 50 states and has been honored on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies and the Financial Times 2020 and 2021 ranking of the Americas’ fastest growing companies. We’ve also been recognized as Nerdwallet’s Best Real Estate Investment Platform of 2021.
Fundrise is looking to hire a Third-party Risk Manager to oversee governance over its portfolio of third-party applications and systems, throughout their lifecycle. You’ll work closely with key stakeholders across our engineering, product, design, marketing, accounting, and other teams to ensure we are effectively and efficiently leveraging our application lifecycle management processes.
- Manage and execute application portfolio lifecycle processes – onboarding, manage & measure, renewing and off-boarding – across Fundrise, and communicate requirements to vendors, internal employees and partners
- Maintain and manage the application portfolio system of record as an authoritative source of truth within Fundrise
- Partner with our IT Operations function to establish and maintain governance for the software utilized by our teams
- Ensure softwares used by Fundrise meet compliance, security, and audit standards necessitated by the regulatory environment we operate in as a financial technology company
- Serve as the subject matter expert on SaaS management and act as a business partner with departments that support vendor management such as FinOps, IT Operations, Cybersecurity, etc.
- Assist in development and maintenance of application portfolio management policies through the creation of documentation, including playbooks, procedures, standards and more
- Establish and implement procedures for monitoring of critical vendors to ensure compliance to our information security and controls policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Management information systems, Cybersecurity, Business or related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years Technology Risk Management & Third Party Risk Management experience or a combination of IT-GRC and information security experience
- 3 years experience in third-party application lifecycle management Knowledge and ability to analyze SOC 1, SOC 2 reports, penetration testing results and identify areas of risks
- Ability to effectively communicate technical and security-related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical professionals
- 7 years Technology Risk Management & Third Party Risk Management experience or a combination of IT-GRC and information security experience
- Knowledge/experience with data security and privacy regulations (e.g. NIST CSF, ISO 27001, PCI DSS, GDPR)
- Professional certification such as CISM, CRISC, or equivalent is a plus
• Great medical, dental, and vision insurance with coverage of 100% of employee premiums and 50% of dependent premiums
• Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses, dependent care, and parking
• 401(k) with 3% contributed by Fundrise, regardless of whether you are actively contributing yourself
• Fully covered life insurance and short-term disability
• Significant equity via our employee stock grant program
• Company-paid access to WeWork
• Gympass benefit including mental health resources
• Udemy license for on-demand continuous learning content
• Quarterly Book Initiative to select two books from a curated list related to a different topic each quarter
• Flexible PTO
• Employee Assistance Program
• Paid parental leave