Come join a winning team! Here at Imprivata you’ll see a dedicated group of professionals who care about improving health care. Our team thrives on collaboration and sharing ideas, whether in a cross-functional meeting or at one of our virtual team-building events.
While we’re diverse in our backgrounds and skills, we have much in common. A passion for our mission. A strong sense of integrity. A belief that we’re making a positive impact and a commitment to having fun.
We are seeking a Thought Leadership Content Marketing Writer to join our team.
Is the combination of big deep thoughts and uncommon words your jam? Are you a life-long learner who loves taking complex, futuristic ideas and turning them into thought-provoking pieces that draw attention? And then isn’t it fun to see how your carefully-arranged words and thoughts contribute to the development of a brand and flow through to sales and measureable pipeline and revenue?
We are looking for a story-teller. A passionate, creative, loves-talking-to-people and learning individual who can synthesize information from different-minded subject matter experts to form a cohesive story that speaks to our constituents. Someone who likes to stay on top of industry trends and enjoys contributing insights to further a story along.
This individual will be an exceptional wordsmith who is comfortable talking to C-level executives internally and externally and can quickly establish a relationship with the goal of capturing their ideas and points of view.
The successful candidate for this role will be an oft-published writer whose experience runs the gamut of different thought leadership content types, works quickly, accurately, and tells amazing stories.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop impactful, high quality thought leadership pieces to be leveraged in all marketing channels which could include, but not be limited to: Whitepapers, blogs, editorial content, webinar content, landing pages, e-books, award submissions for Imprivata and our customers, case studies, and more
- Ghost-write for Imprivata executives a steady stream of brand-defining content that positions Imprivata’s leaders as thought leaders
- Conduct well-thought-out interviews designed to extract unspoken ideas and further flesh out half-baked thoughts
- Research and interview for the development of long-form whitepaper style content
- Master the voice of Imprivata and our executives for the development of various ghost-written pieces
- Leverage your experience in healthcare to independently generate original and insightful ideas for thought leadership angles
- Develop an editorial calendar and contribute ideas in conjunction with Thought Leadership Campaign managers
- Manage feedback and review cycles, keeping stakeholders up to date on progress
- Develop derivative pieces that speak more loudly to targeted personas
- Use language boldly to communicate emotion and promote full understanding
- Repurpose content from one medium and translate it into another, ie, webinar to the whitepaper
- Leverage success metrics to determine what types of pieces resonate with what personas and build them into your development plan
- Identify key statistics and other external content, quotes, or statements that bolster your stories
- Ensure fact-checking is a part of your process
- Integrate keywords into content for SEO
- 10+ years experience in thought leadership content generation in healthcare markets
- Exceptional writing, grammar, communication and editing skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Marketing Communications, Public Relations, Business, Journalism or related field
- Proven, published experience in ghost-writing for executives
- Able to share multiple examples of previous writing assignments via links to living content
- Capable of crafting long-form content that engages
- Knowledge of the healthcare IT market, and experience in writing to CIOs, CISOs and CMIOs
- Initiative is your middle name; you love to pick up and run with an idea to see how it plays out
- Experience and understanding of how SEO works and the importance of keywords in copy
- Knowledge of and appreciation for nuances in varied global markets
- Ability to manage and adapt quickly to change and respond positively and flexibly when addressing shifting or competing priorities
At Imprivata, we have a top-notch work environment, developmental opportunities, a competitive total rewards package, and the desire to have fun. If you have the skills and qualifications as we have described above, we want to hear from you!
Imprivata provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.