At Weights & Biases, our mission is to build the best developer tools for machine learning. We’re hiring a Tier 2 ML Support Engineer to evangelize the Weights & Biases platform to top Enterprises. Support Engineers play a pivotal role in the customer success process of Weights & Biases.
As a Tier 2 Support Engineer, you’ll partner with our Customer Success, Product, Marketing, and Engineering teams to own the technical aspect of the customer lifecycle, serving as the primary escalation point for the support team and demonstrating the value Weights & Biases can provide to the Machine Learning Workflows of our customers. As an early member of our Sales Team, you will have the opportunity to help shape our processes and practices. This is a position that has a lot of opportunity for growth as our team continues to scale.
Weights & Biases is a series C company with over $200 million in funding and a rapidly growing user base. Our platform is an essential piece of the daily work for machine learning engineers, from academic research institutions to massive enterprise teams including OpenAI, iRobot, Toyota Research Institute, Samsung, NVIDIA, Salesforce, GitHub, Blue Cross, Lyft, and more.
Role and Responsibilities
- Manage all the questions escalated from the Tier 1 Support Team in an organized system of prioritized requests
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues in direct conversation with customers, both asynchronously and in live chat or video calls
- Build example projects to reproduce issues in different environments, operating systems, and frameworks
- Identify and communicate best practices for improving the support process
- Guide and train Tier 1 support to answer and investigate more advanced technical questions
- Be a team mentor and coach
- Identify trends in requests, and highlight opportunities to improve the product and docs
- Contribute to internal and external guides and docs, improving our self-service support materials
- This position requires availabilityxa0during EST working hours
Who this role is for
- Outgoing and friendly:xa0You’ll love this role if you enjoy connecting with real users every day, helping them adopt the Weights & Biases platform, and answering all of their questions
- Passion for machine learning:xa0You understand how exciting the ML space is and how quickly it’s growing. You’re excited to speak with industry leaders at the forefront of ML research and development.
- Technically Savvy:xa0You enjoy instrumenting models in PyTorch, Keras, and TensorFlow and understand complicated workflows.
- Autonomous and adaptable:xa0You understand different companies have different workflows are you’re excited to solve these challenges.
- Curious and Driven:xa0You want to understand future customers’ ML workflow and prove how Weights & Biases will improve their day-to-day.
- Undergraduate degree or higher in machine learning
- 4+ years experience in machine learning
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Programming experience in Python and eagerness to help customers who are primarily users of Python Deep Learning frameworks be successful
- Experience with data engineering, MLOps and tools such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Proficiency with one or more of the following packages: TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, HuggingFace, Ray
- Experience with Hyperparameter optimization solutions
- Experience with data pipeline tools
- Experience as a Machine Learning Engineer in a professional setting
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience managing small teams
Why join us?
- Top-tier machine learning teams rely on our tools for their daily work at companies including OpenAI, Toyota Research Institute, Lyft, Samsung, and Pandora.
- You’ll never stop learning. This role gives you first-hand experience talking with leading researchers in the field, understanding their problems, and directly shaping the product direction.
- Our experienced founding team has successfully built and sold ML tools in the past at Figure Eight, and their deep knowledge of our industry, empathy for our users, and skillful management is driving W&B to success.
- Customers genuinely benefit from our tool. Here’s a quote from Wojciech Zaremba, Cofounder and Robotics Lead, OpenAI: “W&B allows to scale up insights from a single researcher to the entire team, and from a single machine to hundreds of them.”
- A best-in-class product in one of the fastest-growing and largest market segments
- ️ Unlimited vacation time
- xa0100% Medical, Dental, and Vision for employees and Family Coverage
- Remote first culture with in-office flexibility in San Francisco
- xa0$500 home office budget with new high-powered laptop
- xa0Truly competitive salary and equity
- xa012 weeks of Parental leave
We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn’t perfectly align with the job description. Team members who love to learn and collaborate in an inclusive environment will flourish here. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, reach out atxa0[email protected].