Zipdev (11-50 Employees, 140% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
As a Tier 3 Support Engineer, in addition to performing all elements of the Tier 1 and 2 Engineers, the Tier 3 Support Engineer is responsible for processing escalation from Tier 1 and 2 Engineers and assisting with creating and maintaining documentation for the x360 Sync product. The Tier 3 Engineer is also responsible for improving processes for both Tier 1 and 2 Engineers.
- Partner Technical Assistance: Provides technical support to partners by answering phone and/or email requests, troubleshooting and identification of technical problems/challenges, correcting x360 Sync issues by researching technical documentation. Provides answers to partners, guiding partner through corrective steps either through verbal instructions and/or remote access. Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution. Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications. Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved. Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests. Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced senior engineer.
- Escalation: Primarily supports the Tier 2 Engineers by providing guidance and assistance where needed, education, and acting as a point of escalation for Tier 2 Engineers. Secondarily monitors and assists Tier 1 Engineers when needed. Responsible for working with QA/QE/Development teams for escalations from Tier 3 to Engineering to drive resolution of bugs and improvements.
- Documentation: Improves partner references by writing and maintaining knowledgebase articles. Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken through to the final resolution
- Training: Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization. Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; maintaining personal networks.
- Compliance: Avoids legal challenges by monitoring compliance with SLA’s and HIPAA regulations.
- Must be flexible and adaptable and can stay focused and positive in a constantly changing environment
- Identifies problems; involves others in seeking innovative, simplified solutions; conducts analysis; searches for best solutions with the partner and the client in mind
- Quickly and effectively analyzes, solves, or escalates partner’s issues with a high level of professionalism.
- Able to think critically and under pressure.
- Able to provide both good verbal and written communication with partners and team members.
- Proven ability to investigate, resolve and escalate technical issues.
- Proficient in the following skills: Problem Solving, Critical Thinking, Communication (verbal/written), Customer Service/Help Desk Support, System Administration, Windows/Mac OSX Administration, Scripting, SQL and Database Administration, Networking/Advanced Networking and Firewall Configuration, Apache Administration
- Experience required troubleshooting the following environments: Windows Operating Systems (Server & Workstation), OSX, Android, iOS
- These skills are preferred: VMWare Administration, Hyper-V Administration, Active Directory Administration, Programming Concepts, C, Python, HTML, BASH, Agile/SCRUM Process
- Work Remote Monday – Friday, 40 hours a week (no weekends)
- Vacation: 10 business days a year
- Holidays: 5 National Holidays a year
- Company Holidays: 5 Company Holidays a year (Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve, New Years Day, Zipdev Day)
- Major Medical Insurance
- Active Lifestyle/Gym Reimbursement
- Quarterly Home Office Reimbursement
- Performance-based Bonus
- Continuous Education Bonus
- Access to Training and Professional Development Platforms
- Did we mention its REMOTE