Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect entrepreneurs with buyers around the world. As an Etsy employee, you’ll tackle unique problems alongside talented coworkers committed to Keeping Commerce Human. We’re large enough that you’ll focus on meaningful, complex challenges, but small enough that you can make a rewarding impact.
We are looking for an experienced, high energy, high-impact tax professional to focus on U.S. international tax compliance and planning!
The U.S. International Tax Manager will be responsible for supporting our current and future acquisitions, restructurings, forecasting and compliance. The applicant must excel at collaborating closely with our various teams to develop tax solutions in support of our business, clearly articulate such solutions and drive the implementation of tax requirements. The perfect applicant will have proven understanding of international tax law as well in-depth knowledge of transfer pricing and subchapter C. The applicant will also work closely with other members of our global tax department to communicate business plans, obtain cross functional tax input and ensure coordination.
Do you find joy in solving the challenges faced by growing multinational companies in the current global tax environment? If so, this could be the perfect match.This is a full-time position located (eventually) in Brooklyn, NY, reporting to the Director, Global Tax Planning & Operations. We offer flexible workplace policies that can accommodate work from home applicants who are comfortable traveling to an office location 2-3 times per week.
Many Etsy roles are open to remote candidates, and you’ll be able to identify which ones within the location header of each job description. For candidates who will work remotely from Colorado, visit this link for information related to Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
About the Role
In this role you will:
- Lead all aspects of the preparation of the annual and interim U.S. GAAP income tax provision as it relates to our international operations and tax matters
- Manage and provide technical support for U.S. International income tax compliance with proven experience on GILTI, FDII, BEAT, subpart F, E&P and tested income calculations, expense apportionment, foreign tax credit limitation calculation and cash repatriation as well as relevant disclosures/statements in relation to restructurings/entity integrations)
- Maintain our global transfer pricing policies, documentation and calculations, including CbCR;Maintain our schedule of ASC740-10 and ASC 450 positions and supervise status of global audits;Assist in the management of our tax audits by drafting responses to IDRs and providing analysis to support salient tax positions taken
- Manage our legal entity forecasting tax, providing insight and trends around consolidated cash tax forecasting and effective tax rate projections
- Support our international tax planning including tax modeling;Maintain international tax efficient processes, including automation, developing and implementing procedural changes and/or processes
- Play a key role engaging in with cross functional groups to understand the tax impact of our business operations and ensure that tax needs are identified, communicated and addressed
- Collaborate and interact with Accounting, FP&A, Treasury and Legal groups on special projects, such as mergers, acquisitions, integrations, restructurings, and new accounting standards;Assist with the process around internal controls (SOX), ensuring compliance with existing control requirements;Monitor international related global legislative and regulatory changes and assess tax impacts to Etsy’s operations
- Carry out tax technical research and understand impact of proposed tax legislation and prepare technical memos and documentation to support Etsy’s reporting positions
Ideally you’ll bring:
- 5+ years international tax and income tax accounting experience (ASC740) with global multinational public corporations in either a “Big 4” public accounting firm or corporate environment
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field. CPA and/or J.D./LLM required. MST is a plus
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in of international tax technical issues as well as basic understanding of Subchapter C
- Experience and proficiency preparing multiple tax workpapers and sophisticated ASC740 tax calculations;Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, Strong written and verbal communication and organizational skills
- Strong project management and multitasking skills
- Positive demeanor together with strong interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of an organization; ability to explain sophisticated tax concepts to non-tax partners
- High level of expertise in MS Office, in particular Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with OneSource Tax Provision, OneSource Income Tax, Alteryx or other Data Analytics tools
- Self-motivated with ability to work in a fast -paced environment
If you’re interested in joining the team at Etsy, please send a cover letter and resume telling us why you’d be right for the position. As you’ve hopefully seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else — we want you to be like you! So write to us and tell us what you’re all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.