Fearless Solutions (51-200 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Fearless is looking for a User Researcher II to add to our diverse team of 200+ employees (and counting!).
What you’ll be doing:
We’re looking to change the world by building software with a soul, and we want your help.
The User Researcher II plans, designs, and conducts research activities with users that help teams gain a deep understanding of the people that use the products and services we create and work on. They are responsible for conducting user research, analysis and synthesis, persona development, and usability testing to unearth human insights in order to guide the application of design of digital products and services.
What you should know:
- Preferred team member in Maryland with a hybrid work environment. Our office is located in the Spark Building in Baltimore!
- Fully remote options available for candidates located outside of Maryland.
- To protect our Fearless community, and in consideration of the Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Department of Labor, Occupational Safety and Health. Administration (OSHA), and a variety of public health authorities, Fearless is implementing a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for our full workforce. This vaccine mandate will help keep our people and our community safe through this ongoing health crisis.
- All new employees must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for the position. Reasonable accommodations for qualified exemption requests will be considered
Why we’re excited about you:
We need your design and skills! Our teams typically work together to determine the right languages and tools for the job.
What other skills will help you succeed at Fearless? Glad you asked! We’re excited about candidates who:
Responsibilities and Contributions:
- Communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed designs, design rationale, and goals both verbally and visually
- Present findings and articulates opportunities to cross-functional teammates and stakeholders
- Guide and leads team members in analysis and synthesis when needed
- Collaborates closely with other Researchers, Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers to identify research objectives
- Coaches interdisciplinary teams on basic research and synthesis skills, and co-facilitates synthesis sessions
- Collaborates with Visual Designers to help translate insights into visual artifacts
Research & Analysis:
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research, managing research participants in an efficient, inclusive fashion in accordance with privacy guidelines to meet research objectives
- Develop and carries out research plans
- Implement an evidence-based approach to craft information radiators, such as user personas, journey maps, and service blueprints to communicate insights
- Design and carrie out research activities with users and team members to help them get a deep understanding of the people that use products and services
- Inform policy and proposition by aligning research activities and objectives
- Apply user-centered design practices in an agile workflow to deliver timely findings
- Conduct iterative design activities, such as observational studies, customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of requirements discovery
- Analyze and synthesize the results of usability testing and other research methods to provide recommendations for change and improvement to products and services
Essential Skills, Experience, or Competencies:
- Experience with a wide variety of research and synthesis methods applied across the product development process.
- Experience in Usability Research. (This is required)
- Experience with user experience design, service design, and human-centered design practices.
- Demonstrated ability to align user research activities to help the team understand changing user behavior.
- Experience creating and implementing research plans.
- Experience effectively implementing a variety of research methods.
- Demonstrated understanding of the diversity of users of Government services and the need to make services usable and accessible for everyone.
- Ability to collaborate, actively network, and provide diverse feedback to the team at times when information can be fully absorbed.
- Experience working in agile environments, including an awareness of agile tools and how to use them.
- Knowledge of the technologies used to build and operate digital services.
- Experience recruiting end users for research activities.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and communicate constraints and work within them.
- Ability to conduct analysis and visualization of large, multi-faceted data sets.
- Ability to operate and manage work, strategically reason, build relationships, and influence others.
At Fearless, we believe in sharing knowledge, fresh perspectives, and unique interests as individuals and as a company, so we’re also interested to know what makes you tick. We want to know where your interests and passions lie so we can all grow together.
We believe in paying people fairly, so we’ve established a compensation model that ensures everyone at Fearless — regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, age, nationality, or negotiation skills — is given equal pay for equal work.
So, what’s next?
Over the years, we’ve honed a 3-step interview process that helps ensure that every employee we hire is the right fit for us and that we’re the right fit for them. If we think you’re a good fit, we’ll get in touch and start scheduling your interviews!
- Cultural Ad Conversation – We’re a people-first company, so we always start off by getting to know more about you, how you work, what your career goals are, and what you’re passionate about. This is your opportunity to ask questions and get a feel for Fearless, so don’t be shy!
- Technical/Skills Interview – This is where we get into the nitty gritty of the project. During the Technical Interview, you’ll be interviewed by our Passion Coaches and/or the team’s Project Lead to make sure your skills align with the project requirements.
- Business Interview – At this point, you’ve made it to the final frontier! The Business Interview is when you’ll meet with Fearless leadership to dot the i’s, cross the t’s, and determine whether or not we’ll be moving forward with the hiring process.
Our people make us who we are. We believe that every member of the Fearless team has something to share, and we value the unique viewpoint you’ll bring to our community. But we value your community, too, so we offer fulfilling work that stays in balance with the rest of life. Because everyone has different needs, desires, and goals, our benefits offer the choices and flexibility that our team members need to live well and succeed. Here are a few highlights of our benefits package:
- Flexible schedule
- Family-friendly workplace
- 3 weeks accrued PTO + 1 week sick leave + 10 federal holidays + your birthday off
- 100% coverage of the employee-only premium for HSA, HMO, or PPO plan and Employee Wellness Plan
- Tech, education / training, and snack allowances
- Free parking in downtown Baltimore / public transit coverage
- Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with employer contributions
Fearless is a full-stack digital services firm in Baltimore that delivers sleek, modern, and user-friendly software designed to push the boundaries of possibility. It’s our mission to build software with a soul — tools that empower communities and make a difference — so we can create a world where good software powers the things that matter.
That’s not our only goal, though. We also strive to create a purple culture that makes our employees excited to come to work every day. That’s why we encourage our employees to pursue their passions, both in and out of the office. With built-in company mentoring, continuing education support, flexible schedules, and a family-friendly work environment, we’ve created a culture that allows our team to thrive professionally and personally.
Fearless believes in equal opportunity employment. We won’t discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, gender, nationality, age, religion, disability, military status, or sexual orientation. As a company and as individuals, we’re committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for our team, our family members, our clients, our subcontractors, and our vendors.