CrowdStrike (501+ Employees, 104% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
WeAreCrowdStrike and our mission is to stop breaches. As a global leader in cybersecurity, our team changed the game. Since our inception, our market leading cloud-native platform has offered unparalleled protection against the most sophisticated cyberattacks. We’re looking for people with limitless passion, a relentless focus on innovation and a fanatical commitment to the customer to join us in shaping the future of cybersecurity. Consistently recognized as a top workplace, CrowdStrike is committed to cultivating an inclusive, remote-first culture that offers people the autonomy and flexibility to balance the needs of work and life while taking their career to the next level. Interested in working for a company that sets the standard and leads with integrity? Join us on a mission that matters – one team, one fight.
About the Role:
In this role, you’ll be joining the IOT team, which is building cybersecurity products for the IOT/ICS/IOMT space.
As a UX Design Manager, you’ll be responsible for the workload management, recruitment, wellbeing, and professional growth of your UX Designers in the team. You’ll help foster an open and collaborative environment and support systems to help your team succeed in their roles. You will also be responsible for the UX design activities for the team.
You’ll collaborate closely with other managers to coordinate cross product group collaborations and to help grow the design practice at CrowdStrike. You’ll also interface with research and writing to ensure cross-discipline collaboration.
Our UX team is a cross-functional, global UX team of UX designers, UI/visual designers, researchers, and writers collaborating closely with product managers, engineers, and QA analysts to deliver the best possible experience for our customers.
What You’ll Do:
- Coordinate with other UX managers, engineering managers, and program managers to prioritize, track, triage, and organize workload for the designers in your product group.
- Maintain visibility into the product roadmap for the assigned products and sharing that information back to other managers and team members.
- Participate in team activities, such as quarterly roadmap planning, to prioritize projects on the roadmap based on availability of humans to do the work and business objectives that need to be met.
- Be the “voice of design” in planning activities.
- Manage team workload, project resourcing, and coordination.
- Support strategic hiring and team growth initiatives, as well as hiring for and growing the UX Design team.
- Gather feedback from others, and provide coaching and mentoring of direct reports.
- Build team cohesion and shared vision among the various functional areas, including product managers, designers, writers, researchers, engineers, and QA.
- Collaborate with other leaders to refine UX design processes and best practices; encourage collaboration, pairing, and workshopping.
- Communicate and socialize design objectives and principles to the broader team.
- Lead a team of designers, providing mentorship and guidance in support of project goals and team members growth.
- Conduct design reviews, clarify prioritization, scoping and improve processes.
What You’ll Need:
- Experience in project management and work prioritization in a design environment.
- Experience tracking and managing people and resourcing for multiple projects.
- A background as a UX design individual contributor that led to a deep understanding of the various functional areas of UX and how they collaborate and intertwine.
- Knowledge of and experience in cybersecurity and/or endpoint management enterprise SaaS is a bonus.
- Remote work experience is also a bonus.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience.
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Remote-first culture
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation and flexible working arrangements
- Comprehensive and inclusive health benefits
- Physical and mental wellness programs
- Paid parental leave, including adoption
- A variety of professional development and mentorship opportunities
- Offices with stocked kitchens when you need to fuel innovation and collaboration
We are committed to fostering a culture of belonging where everyone feels seen, heard, valued for who they are and empowered to succeed. Our approach to cultivating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture is rooted in listening, learning and collective action. By embracing the diversity of our people, we achieve our best work and fuel innovation – generating the best possible outcomes for our customers and the communities they serve.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.