Allstate (501+ Employees, 7% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities. Plus, Allstate is changing how, when, and where we work-to lead us boldly into our future. We’re empowering our employees to create better ways of working through more intentional use of communication and collaboration practices, processes and tools.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
UX at Allstate
We’re a large and well-respected digital design organization of 115+ passionate UX designers, content designers, researchers, visual designers, and design program managers led by our VP UX, and we’ll be growing by 40% in 2022! We’re hiring to evolve UX across dozens of digital products and services and Allstate brands, and to establish a shared design platform: an expanded design system, reusable content, user research and design thinking.
Here’s what you can expect from a UX career at Allstate:
- Participate in a collaborative, fun and friendly remote team environment that values diversity, builds and trains individuals, and supports long-term career and skills growth
- Contribute to large-scale digital systems and products that are used by millions of customers and have a meaningful impact on our business
- Join a proven UX organization that is benefitting from high growth, demand, visibility and investment
- Practice true user-centered design, supported by robust research and analytics capabilities
At Allstate, you’ll help innovate and reinvent insurance and improve customers’ lives by designing products to support them in their moments of greatest need, and you’ll have fun along the way. Join our diverse team of creative problem solvers using our talents for good – at work and in life!
The UX Design Program Manager creates a work environment that empowers and enables designers to function seamlessly and do their best work. They organize and manage digital products and services from the ground up; facilitate diverse teams toward clear priorities, unified goals and measures of success; work closely with fellow UX team members to nurture partner relationships and requests; think broadly about systems, software/tools, patterns and process to innovate and improve the design organization’s operational effectiveness; apply and support how we scale human-centered design in an agile organization; drive collaboration and learning opportunities to create a healthy, engaging design culture.
• Understand partner area business strategies, goals, products, and roadmaps
• Facilitate new work requests with stakeholders, framing opportunities to effectively prioritize and clearly define the UX engagement
• Identify optimal staffing capacity, and operating models to facilitate healthy collaboration, design quality and workflow efficiency. This includes establishing and facilitating team rituals
• Manage relationships with internal business and technology partners
• Track and report on delivery performance and resource capacity
Talent, Process and Operational Effectiveness
• Care for our humans; improve hiring, onboarding, personal development and recognition practices
• Educate to ensure a clear understanding of design activities and demonstrate UX value
• Standardize, measure and optimize our design processes and tools to drive design quality and efficiency
• Oversee budgets and assist with UX expense management and reporting as needed
This job does have supervisory duties.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree required
•4+ years of design program, operations or account management experience in delivering digital solutions
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• Agile Scrum Certification a plus but not required
• PMP or equivalent a plus but not required
• Consumer-centric predisposition and demonstrated relationship building experience
• Polished communication and presentation skills; effective at navigating crucial conversations
• Ability to understand data, analyze results and draw insights
• Demonstrated collaborative, experimental and holistic approach to problem solving
• Ability to work independently and apply strategic, systems thinking to maturing the UX practice
• Experience organizing and adapting UX team practices within an agile scrum or XP environment
• Knowledge of best practices for planning and executing human-centered design
• Comfortable facilitating design thinking exercises (don’t worry if you haven’t done it before, in-house training is provided
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities. May be required to perform other related duties as assigned. Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
The hiring range for this position is $90,000 to $115,000. Offers will be commensurate with experience.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here“. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here“. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee’s terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.