1Password (501+ Employees, 307% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information, and we believe those people – and the companies they work for – shouldn’t have to choose between security and productivity. We see security as a human challenge, rather than a technological one. It’s hard work, but our mission has always been to ease the tension between security and convenience and help people navigate the digital world without fear or friction. Human-centric security is part of our DNA, but human-centricity is also the backbone of our culture. We encourage big ideas and new ways of working that help us to make the online world a safer place for everyone.
We are looking for a UX Researcher with a qualitative focus to join our growing Research team at 1Password to support our continued learning and innovation on our products. We’re a team that’s excited to learn and experiment. We nurture a safe and creative environment where we can continuously grow and produce impactful work.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, highly curious, has a passion for UX research and solving user problems. You have experience conducting end-to-end qualitative research studies using mixed methods such as usability tests in a software environment. Your research has the potential to impact key decisions regarding our design and direction.
This is a remote opportunity within Canada, the UK, the Netherlands and the United States.
What we're looking for:
- A proven ability for identifying areas of opportunity that are business viable, with a high level of feasibility in implementation.
- A track record for successfully shipping meaningful value and delight to the end user, and the business.
- You collaborate using strong communication, written documentation and facilitation skills.
- Work closely with Product Designers, PMs, Engineers, Product Marketers and Content Designers to make sure your research supports and helps to define goals, timelines and deliverables for everyone's work.
- Experience designing and leading a variety of research projects including but not limited to remote user interviews, usability tests, surveys, etc.
- Ability to efficiently analyze qualitative and quantitative data using industry best practices.
- Ability to not only present findings from UX Research in a clear, concise way to designers, developers, and team leads, but also drive actionable next steps and follow-throughs with key stakeholders.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Awareness of the top-level business data, and uses it to contextualize their work.
Bonus points for:
- Passion for building world-class accessible products and services that work for everyone and know how to deliver research that supports this.
- A demonstrable impact on the direction of a product or service in the past.
- Passion for design-thinking within the product development process, and a keen interest in behavioral biases and triggers.
- Hands-on experience across the entire toolkit of exploratory and evaluative qualitative research methods. You know how to choose the method that best answers your question.
- Experience running usability testing across mobile and desktop. You don’t always default to usability testing, but you love testing products with people when it makes sense to do so.
- Able to balance robust studies with the practicalities of delivering work in a growing complex market. You can see when research isn’t needed.
What you can expect:
- We hope that over time you become an advocate for our customers.
- Help raise the bar for research at 1Password.
- Become a trusted partner to your key stakeholders, and scale the influence of good research through developing others, mentorship, coaching or educating others.
What you can expect in the first month:
- Familiarize yourself with our past, present, and planned UX Research initiatives.
- Familiarize yourself with current product roadmap and priorities.
- Embed with the core team and learn about their roles and contributions to research.
- Assist with UXR tasks such as but not limited to maintaining databases, docs, templates, and analysis tools.
- Learn about the various customer-facing departments and sit in on customer calls.
What you can expect by month three:
- Design and conduct usability tests using our existing UX Research practices.
- Analyze and present actionable findings using our UX Research practices to key stakeholders.
- Design and analyze comprehensive yet concise surveys for 1Password customers using industry best practices.
- Support the analysis and development of foundational research artifacts.
What you can expect by month six:
- Develop, innovate and iterate on user research 'best practices'.
- Run regular UX Research studies and workshops.
- Coordinate & collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure accurate study goals.
- Provide suggestions/recommendations and actively participate in the on-going improvement of UX Research and Research practices at 1Password.
- Participate in customer-empathy building initiatives.
What we offer:
We believe in working hard, and resting hard. We’re always looking for new ways to support our team members, but here’s a glance at what we currently offer:
Health and wellbeing
> Maternity and parental leave top up programs
> Generous PTO policy
> Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
> Complimentary Headspace membership
Growth and future
> Employee stock option program for all full time employees
> Training budget, 1Password University access, and learning sessions
> Free 1Password account (and friends and family discount!)
> A You Need A Budget membership
Flexibility and community
> Paid volunteer days
> Employee-led DEI&B programs and ERGs
> Fully remote environment
> Peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly
You belong here.
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that is built on trust, support and respect. We welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken or veteran status. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love.
Accommodation is available upon request at any point during our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please speak to your talent acquisition partner or email us at [email protected] and we’ll work to meet your needs.
Candidate Privacy Notice
When you apply for a position, refer a candidate, or are being considered for a role at AgileBits, Inc. (dba 1Password, 1Password, we, us, or our), your information is stored in Lever, in accordance with Lever's Service Privacy Notice. We use this information to evaluate your candidacy for the posted position. We also store this information, and may use it in relation to future positions to which you apply, or which we believe may be relevant to you given your background.
Candidates may also optionally choose to self-identify their race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, and disability. These answers will help us evaluate our diversity and belonging efforts. You do not have to answer these questions—your answers will not be linked to your name or job application, will not be visible to the hiring manager reviewing your application, and will in no way affect your job application. If you have any questions about the collection or use of this information, please contact [[email protected]].
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your information, we will either delete or anonymize it. If you have any questions about how we use or process your information, or if you would like to ask to access, correct, or delete your information, please contact our privacy team at [[email protected]] or through 1Password Support.