Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in Europe, Africa or the Middle East (UTC-1 to UTC+3). While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs.
At Hotjar, we’re building Behavior Analytics software for businesses selling online. We make it easy for them to go beyond traditional web analytics and understand what users are really doing on their site.
We’re looking for an experienced UX Researcher able to infuse user insights to our teams so that we can systematically root both our tactical, short-term and strategic, long-term decisions on real-world evidence. You’ll join a team of researchers where you will autonomously execute studies within multiple squads while educating and coaching members in industry-standard research best practices. Importantly, you will experiment with research techniques that balance proven techniques, advocating for mixed-methods approaches.
Hotjar is a flourishing startup that gives thousands of website owners, teams, and professionals the tools needed to discover how their visitors are really using their sites. This is an excellent remote career opportunity within the Product & Engineering (P&E) organization reporting to our Lead UX Researcher and playing a part in delivering the next wins for Hotjar.
- Drive the team in fostering an understanding of our users to influence how product teams think about mid and long-term product strategy.
- Craft, end-to-end, research projects that help teams uncover actionable findings, and help in translating those into business impact.
- Partner with cross-functional teams (Product Management, Design, Data Analysis, Marketing, and Customer support colleagues) to identify high-impact research studies, understanding when to bring in others for support.
- Prioritize research needs across numerous work streams by evaluating the moment, scope and scale of potential studies.
- Decide, balancing proven techniques with creative solutions, which set of methods and tools match each research question in order to create multi-phase, mixed-method studies.
- Infuse research insights to evolve Hotjar’s understanding of different users’ profiles, identifying big opportunities as well as quick wins by communicating studies outcomes and the reason behind them.
- Experience working across teams. Well versed in design, coordination, and execution of research studies, end-to-end.
- Experience defining key research questions and goals, identifying appropriate methods, executing studies, and synthesizing findings.
- Experience educating teams about the benefits of introducing user-centric practices and frameworks.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods, ranging from user interviews to surveys.
- Experience promoting insights across groups with a natural inclination to always think MVP first and a focus on impact.
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, in-line with Hotjar’s company values, culture and ways of working.
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third-party.
The compensation range for this role is €55,000 to €75,000 annually and €70,000 to €95,000 annually for Senior Level. This was established after performing market research and is aligned with our approach to compensation. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we also provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks.