Cloudbees (201-500 Employees, 1% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Title: UX/UI Designer – Content & Enablement (1430)
CloudBees provides the leading software delivery platform for enterprises, enabling them to continuously innovate, compete, and win in a world powered by the digital experience. Designed for the world’s largest organizations with the most complex requirements, CloudBees enables software development organizations to deliver scalable, compliant, governed, and secure software from the code a developer writes to the people who use it. The platform connects with other best-of-breed tools, improves the developer experience, and enables organizations to bring digital innovation to life continuously, adapt quickly, and unlock business outcomes that create market leaders and disruptors.
CloudBees was founded in 2010 and is backed by Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Bridgepoint Credit, HSBC, Golub Capital, Delta-v Capital, Matrix Partners, and Lightspeed Venture Partners. Visit www.cloudbees.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
What you will do
CloudBees is looking to expand its Design Enablement team. Design Enablement is an internal design team that is mission-critical to CloudBees’ success and focuses on servicing all aspects of the business from product design to motion graphics, and everything in between.
- Design websites, apps, and experiences with the end-user in mind We care about UX and you’ll be partnering with a strong set of expert practitioners.
- Work in an agile environment side-by-side with stakeholders, customers, senior executives, etc. If anyone has questions or concerns about design, you and your team are up!
- Develop and express our brand visually through user interactions.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders including product managers, marketing, and engineering teams to align with and achieve business objectives.
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise the bar for design quality and collaborate across the Design team to ensure consistency and transparency.
- Be a constant advocate of exceptional design, pushing your peers and the company towards design thought leadership.
- Deliver the designs for interfaces that some of the world’s largest brands depend on – Adobe, Invision, Capital One, Citrix, Accenture ~50% of fortune 500 companies use our technology to build their own.
- Effectively communicate and document design requirements to engineering teams.
What the role requires
- 4 years of experience designing interfaces, high fidelity prototypes, design & identity systems, or similar roles. You understand how it looks is key to how it works .
- Create and maintain systems of UX/UI and designer resources.
- The ability to design resources for ongoing maintenance and scalability (Documentation of design work, Production of asset Templates, Replicable workflow patterns)
- Ability to inform and improve the user’s experience by considering the effects of illustrations, photography, typography, space, layouts, and color.
- A portfolio, showcasing a foundation in typography, interaction, visual design, animation, and ideation
- You can show examples that explore the development of a solution at different stages in the creative process
- Experience working collaboratively with UX practitioners, designers, and engineers to build great user and brand experiences we love team players.
- Experience in prototyping with tools like Invision, etc.
- Highly conceptual thinking skills in both visual and interaction design as well as a solid understanding of designing intuitive functionality, interaction, user interfaces, and navigation (to name a few examples).
- Experience with development handoff, support, and QA acceptance testing.
- A strong desire to define the look and feel of what’s next in visual and interaction design as well as an interest in the latest design trends and technology.
- Great English communication skills – written as well as spoken.
Great if you have
- Experience working with design systems, patterns, and principles building world-class software.
- Jira issue creation and management outlining design-specific needs, requirements, and deliverables.
- Sprint planning, demos, retro meetings, and backlog refinement meetings to prioritize and estimate effort per sprint.
- Basic understanding or experience with HTML, CSS, SCSS, and JS libraries such as React.
- Visual design, brand identity design, and hi-fidelity graphic design experience.
- Experience designing for Documentation Engines, LMS, and Marketing web experiences.
- Interest in art, music, and or anything that makes our team get exposed to awesome stuff.
What You’ll Get
- Highly competitive benefits and vacation package including stock options
- Ability to work for one of the fastest-growing companies with some of the most talented people in the industry
- Fun, hardworking, and casual environment with the flexibility to work anywhere in the world the team is almost fully distributed around the globe (We also have several great office locations!)
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity gender, racial, ethnic, and global are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.