Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in Europe, Africa or the Middle East (UTC-1 to UTC+3). While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs.
At Hotjar, we’re building Behavior Analytics software for businesses selling online. We make it easy for them to go beyond traditional web analytics and understand what users are really doing on their site.
We’re looking for a passionate and motivated Product UX Writer able to oversee our brand tone of voice in the Product and Engineering organization, being able to consistently build a narrative with words that connect with our users. Reporting to our Director of Experience Design, you’ll manage our product writing guidelines within multiple squads while educating and coaching members.
Hotjar is a flourishing startup that gives thousands of website owners, teams, and professionals the tools needed to discover how their visitors are really using their sites. This is an excellent remote career opportunity within the P&E organization, playing a part in delivering the next wins for Hotjar.
- Define copy in the product interface, in navigation elements, error messages, and API exceptions. Help combine complexity with simple words and copies. Make use of industry best practices in usability and accessibility.
- Look for potential problem areas, audit our product offering, and make copy improvements. Validate assumptions. Have a strategic look at copywriting.
- Co-own our product writing guidelines. Centralize the tone of voice in the product and help individuals adopt it.
- Work transversally in our Experience Design operations team. Support the work in multiple squads within the 2 tribes we have at Hotjar.
- Educate the team towards success. Ensure individuals have writing support to progress and complete their objectives. Mentor designers, product managers, and engineers in building human-first words for our product experience.
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar role, with experience in human-centric product writing projects.
- You’ve collaborated with diverse and inclusive teams, with experience mentoring designers, product managers, and engineers.
- Experience in the product development process. You’re able to set up an engaging model for each stage of the project: planning, discovery, design, prototyping, and development. Experience working with a team that builds UI at scale, componentizing blocks that require as well of product writing guidelines.
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture and ways of working.
- You will have to submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third-party.
The budgeted compensation range for this role is €45,000 to €75,000 annually (we do not have a commission or bonus scheme at Hotjar). Ranges are based on market research and are equitable to other roles within Hotjar. The actual compensation offered will be based on relative experience. At this time we are only able to provide official employment status to those located in Malta, the UK and Germany. All other candidates will join our team as full-time consultants and will be responsible for paying any taxes or applicable fees where they reside.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we also provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks.