Civis Analytics (51-200 Employees, 11% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Civis Analytics is a data science technology company headquartered in Chicago and backed by $30M in venture capital from leading investors (including Drive Capital, Eric Schmidt, Alumni Ventures, Verizon, WPP, and other private investors) and led by senior leaders from business, government tech companies, and analytics technology.
Civis’ vision is to be the “analytics platform for the data-driven campaign”. Our customers use Civis’ technology for every decision in the audience campaign journey; from identifying the most persuasive messages and finding their best audience segments, to measuring if their marketing campaigns are working – all in one place. Our goal is to be the place that every organization, from companies to nonprofits, rely on to drive the most targeted, transparent, and measurable audience campaigns on earth.
Civis is seeking a Vice President, Professional Services. This role will oversee our Applied Data Science (ADS) consulting team to configure platform implementation and custom solutions for Civis customers across sectors. The biggest challenge? Standardize Civis offerings into high-margin services that can support customer adoption and long-term growth. Success in this role will be measured by Civis’s ability to meet its growth goals while fulfilling the mission to its customers. As the VP, Professional Services, you will report directly to the CEO as part of our senior leadership team.
- Project manage consulting aspects of contracts across the Professional Services Department
- Partner with Sales and Marketing to enable sales
- Build upon Civis’ customer-first legacy of supporting our clients with their outreach and program optimization challenges.
- Build an inclusive and equitable culture in which team members feel valued and are rewarded, retained and developed in their roles and career paths
- Serve as a public face of Civis through thought leadership, speaking and attending conferences, white paper publication, and more
- Align across departments with our Engineering, Technology, Product, and Marketing teams
- Create a cohesive team atmosphere to drive consulting performance
- Manage and optimize daily operations of our consulting division
- Oversee each vertical’s P&L by keeping within a budget and expected profit margin
- Ensure that all engagements provide substantive value to clients, adhere to Civis’s standards, and further Civis’s mission
- Generate and maintain senior/C-level stakeholder relationships with current and prospective clients through scoping how services and software could improve their analytic, research, and technology operations
- BA/BS degree, with 10+ years of experience in management consulting in variety of industries
- At least 5 years of experience consulting in a software based B2B environment
- Demonstrated delivery experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience growing a team
- Demonstrated focus on organizational structure and professional development
- Experience with public-speaking
- Advanced degree
- Strong interest in and experience with data science and predictive analytics
- Experience working at all levels of management consulting hierarchy
- Demonstrated experience in a startup environment
- Demonstrated experience transitioning consulting services to product sales, and vice-versa
All employees either must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, initiate vaccination before your start date, or file an exemption request prior to start date per company policy for review. Due to the uncertainty of COVID-19, all Civis offices are closed and employees are remote until further notice. This is being closely monitored as the situation evolves. Although it’s likely our offices will reopen, positions hired outside of Civis office locations will be remote roles.
Who we are
Civis offers opportunities for newcomers, seasoned professionals, and anyone in between. Our teams are energized by complex challenges and value diversity of thought. Opportunities to stand out and inspire happen daily, and we trust and encourage you to act on your ideas—no matter how big they are.
We offer you the tools and community you need to do your best work. Each of us is committed to holding ourselves accountable for results, challenging the status quo, and finding new ways to help our company—and each other—grow.
Why join our team?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal, and inclusive workplace.
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO; 401K match with immediate vesting; health, dental, and vision benefits; fully paid parental leave; breastfeeding support, including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms; commuter benefits; wellness initiatives, including weekly group meditations; monthly on-site massage therapy; and pet insurance.u2028
- To support employees in our now-fully remote work environment, we have expanded our virtual journal and book clubs, Donut Pals (organized virtual coffee meet-ups), Lightning Talks (five-minute presentations on anything you’d like), Lunch-and-Learns, and HR Open Discussions (bi-weekly meet-ups where we discuss ideas and topics of the day in a casual format). We are also able to support and accommodate flexible work from-home-schedules to help employees juggle their domestic responsibilities.
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees, and we celebrate each other’s differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us [emailprotected]
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.